Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • jacktrade51
    10,890 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 7:13 AM

Match 3, BD vs DDI

Last match has not been played.  (Beauwulf #187 vs.  Essisdaddy #426).  Beauwulf has been complaining for a week is opponent is not responding.  But we are up 7-1 otherwise so I am not prepared to lose sleep over it.

Tom.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 9:31 AM

Cup Playoff: Last 16

Match Play

Chambers Bay

Match 5

Nova b v East Coast Cruisers

Tie #3

#160 papadeaux (Joe) v Cuser44 (Dom) #178

#1 ,Both finished just short of the green with their approaches, Dom stepped up first & his shot landed close but hopped n rolled away leaving him with a 40 Footer to save par, Joe's pitch ran over the hole but didn't drop, Isaac Newton turned in his grave.                Dom lagged his putt up so hole/just missed so Joe goes 1 Up

#2 Fine approach by Dom, tap in bird so Dom goes back AS

#3 Par 3, Dom drains one from the back of the green but Joe replies to 1/2 hole, Dom 1 Up

#4 Par 5, Dom's approach was unlucky to not roll back down to hole & Joe's with a ding got a flier & went way left to stay up on the upper plateaux.                                                But an excellent touch by Joe to just get it to the precipice set up a long birdie putt which Joe duly made, Dom couldn't convert his tricky Eagle putt so hole 1/2'd with burds

#5 A fine pair of shots in, Dom just missed the putt but Jo sunk his for Joe to win the hole 7 go back to 1 Up

#6 Joe ended up long & just missed the pitch, dom ended up on the green, long n right, hole 1/2'd with pars, Joe stays 1 Up

#7 Dom's landed short right but bounced n rolled through the green, Joe played a beauty in to leave himself 2 yd's away just long n left.                                                                  Dom's pitch from 15 yd's grabbed & it left him a 16 footer to save par which he di, great downhill bender

Joe's was no gimme from 6 ft, downhill with break & so it proved, great 1/2 by Dom to stop Jo going 2 Up, Joe remains 1 Up

#8 Par 5, the wind was not kind to the guys, Joe dinged his approach wedge in & with a slight R - L wind it landed to the right of the hole to leave a teaser.                                      Misery loves company so Dom decided to join Joe, his birdie putt just caught enough of the hole to drop, Joe couldn't convert his, Dom win's hole & squares up the match.

#9 Par 3, Dom went long, Joe played a peach of a shot in. Dom couldn't convert his long birdie putt but Joe slotted in his short one, Joe goes back to 1 Up.

Back 9

#10 Two fine shots in below the hole, someone placed cellophane over the hole as again Joe's ball somehow defied the Law of Gravity, Dom slotted his in to square up the match once again.

#11 Dom put one in close but to the right of the hole, no gimme, Joe came up short to leave a pitch in which just missed, Dom's birdie putt slid under/lipped out, AS

#12 Short Par 4, TW off the tee, Dom got a bouncer & ended up through the green in the 30/40                                                                                                                                    Joe took the scenic route to the right of the green but it kicked back & rolled down below the hole to set up an Eagle chance.                                                                                  Dom shot landed on the downslope from the rough but backed up to leave a tester to come.                                                                                                                                Joe couldn't convert his long Eagle putt but it didn't matter as Dom couldn't sink his tricky birdie putt above the hole, Joe wins hole with birdie, Joe goes 1 Up

#13 Two fine shots in just above the hole, up stepped Joe first who sunk his & it looks like Dom got lying dots as he played for break that didn't appear, Joe goes 2 Up

#14 Two long approaches in as a headwind on 2nd shots, Dom's came up short of the green & Joe's landed on the fringe pin high left, neither could convert, Joe stays 2 Up

#15 Par 3 Headwind, Joe's came up unexpectedly short of the green, Dom fared a bit better as in he made the putting surface but left a long one.                                     Cometh the hourcometh the man as "BOOM" Joe pitched in & Dom just missed his long range putt,  Joe goes 3 Up with 3 to play, nice cushion.

#16 Great shot in by Joe to leave a short one below the hole & Dom hit in an equally good one below the hole, Dom's putt just slid away from him & Joe's birdie putt was conceded to him for Joe to win the hole & win the match 4 & 2.

Great game that could have gone either way, Dom (Cuser44) joined us in Stream Chat where there was plenty of banter.

So there ya have it, Nova B just move on to the 1/4 Finals where there will be a derby match against their "bitter" rivals Nova A, GRUDGE match doesn't do it justice! ;)

• papadeaux
    862 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 12:35 PM

Ken never leaves any rocks unturned 

Want to thank Dom for stepping in and subbing for Nobees who went missing

Hope everything is ok with him

As for the game think Ken coverd it pretty well 

really makes the game fun to play when you run into a gentleman like Dom he makes alot of really good shots and has friendly gestures all thru the round real spirt of the game

Thanks Dom

Joe

• kenyvu99
    286 Posts
    Sun, May 31 2020 11:32 PM

Ajajaja.

Firstly, I've just reinstalled and fixed my screen resolution problem on EA version after asking Scott here :635297.aspx?PageIndex=6

Now i'm practising on EA version, so what i meant here "Thanks for the response. I would like to play on EA version even if i'm naked in there :))" is i want to play on EA, because it's the future version of WGT. I want to practise on it more.

Secondly, i played all matches (including WC matches) on Flash version. I don't need to lie to you mates, because with me, this is just a cartoon game only. So please be fun and don't let you own down, or be stressful on this game.

Thank you.

Keny

• 1irony
    415 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 6:24 AM

Cup Playoff Round of 16 Match 6

Tie 3

143 rfpoul def. 405 tigerluvsbush

Tie 9

392 rowlets def. 150 sinisavrc1

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 6:52 AM

Kenher01:

Cup Playoff: Last 16

Match Play

Chambers Bay

Tie #3

#143 rfpoul (Remi) v #405 tigerluvsbush

A 3 & 1 win for Remi

Reposting again from other day but see Darren beat me to the punch

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 12:03 PM

The tribute game for Terry & Jet, World Cup match with TdotDoba subbing in for Terwyl1 vs DZONWEJIN (Miljane) .. SEL H.A.K.s vs The Trans Bandits....

I have been checking with myself on what emotions came up for me during this match.... I think I could write quite a few pages about it, but after an hour of writes and re-writes, there was no way I could put to paper how it made me feel....... So instead I will just post a link to it here, the golf was good the chat amazing.

I watched it back and was able to read all of the chat, it made me realize and be incredibly grateful of what can come out of a community event. It reminded me why we put the effort into the world cup each year.

A big shout out to Gordon, Miljan and all at TCC for their compassion and generosity in making this happen. Class all the way fella's!

Cheers,

Dotty 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/636594768

• TdotDoba
    2,158 Posts
    Mon, Jun 1 2020 2:47 PM

biggunky:

Plate playoff 

Nova C vs Shov's Twats

ry6055 (446) attempted to play his match 3 different times with opponent December 1( 63) failing to show up. Not enough time for sub at this point nor would it effect the outcome of match. How to proceed Finny?

Ok we understand, thanks for trying to get it in and like you say it wont change the outcome of the round.

Cheers,

Dotty

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 12:03 AM

QUICK UPDATE

WE HOPE TO GET THE QUARTER FINALS GOING BY THE END OF THE WEEK

JUST IRONING OUT A FEW THINGS BEFORE WE START

FINNY

• pipala
    887 Posts
    Tue, Jun 2 2020 3:32 PM

TdotDoba:

The tribute game for Terry & Jet, World Cup match with TdotDoba subbing in for Terwyl1 vs DZONWEJIN (Miljane) .. SEL H.A.K.s vs The Trans Bandits....

I have been checking with myself on what emotions came up for me during this match.... I think I could write quite a few pages about it, but after an hour of writes and re-writes, there was no way I could put to paper how it made me feel....... So instead I will just post a link to it here, the golf was good the chat amazing.

I watched it back and was able to read all of the chat, it made me realize and be incredibly grateful of what can come out of a community event. It reminded me why we put the effort into the world cup each year.

A big shout out to Gordon, Miljan and all at TCC for their compassion and generosity in making this happen. Class all the way fella's!

Cheers,

Dotty 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/636594768

Couldn't have put it better mate, a big thank you to all at Transgressional for making it happen, utmost respect for you guys

RSS