Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WORLD CUP 2020

Tue, Jan 12 2021 4:39 PM (1,625 replies)
  • amateur4sure
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 1:51 PM

carlosdev:

TCC Pirates vs SEL HAKS

Group 2....Round 3 n Match 3rd

385 Carlosdev vs 411 Terwyl1 

Stroke score -> 54 n 63

Stable -> 54 n 45

As always, a pleasure to play with SEL CC.

Terry n I started our F9 n TBH, I had such some amazing flukey hole outs lol back to back for some unknown reasons. 

- Varun 

Yeah Yeah Carly, Lots of people were there to Concur with those THREE Flukey hole outs in a row lol, One is a fluke, 2 could possibly be luck but 3 is skillz Man, Well done

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Wed, Apr 8 2020 9:21 PM

amateur4sure:

carlosdev:

TCC Pirates vs SEL HAKS

Group 2....Round 3 n Match 3rd

385 Carlosdev vs 411 Terwyl1 

Stroke score -> 54 n 63

Stable -> 54 n 45

As always, a pleasure to play with SEL CC.

Terry n I started our F9 n TBH, I had such some amazing flukey hole outs lol back to back for some unknown reasons. 

- Varun 

Yeah Yeah Carly, Lots of people were there to Concur with those THREE Flukey hole outs in a row lol, One is a fluke, 2 could possibly be luck but 3 is skillz Man, Well done

LOOL.. What happened on hole 14? !! :P 

Bro, please bring scissors to Danny's stream. I will cut your hair lol 

• Venna68
    1,853 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 2:13 AM

SPL STEAKS & CHOPS VS THE TRANS SPARTANS

Group 3, Round 3 , Match 3

•  Player 93 rvanwezop won Player 371 xxxxxxaa  ,51 plays 49

Well played both

Cheers

Jacques

• corbyph
    151 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 7:28 AM

Group 5 Round 3

Shov's Muckers v Fairway Fanatics B

82 harry3putt1 v corbyph 123

Result 37 -  40 a win for Corbyph

Thanks very much for the game Harry, it obviously wasnt your day with WGT as some of those rolls from chips just kept on going.  A very pleasant gent who has had the misfortune to have to play me twice in the last 2 years.

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 12:14 PM

TCC PIRATES VS SEL HACKS

GROUP 3 ROUND 3 MATCH 3rd

382-GIRALDIN- 45 - POINTS -  414 -XXDANNYXXO - 46 POINTS

One of the best things about wgt is meeting good people, or at least that's what we hope for. I thank Danny for all his support during the game, and his patience to be able to set a date to play. For me the game has had no history, I have played very very badly, as I usually do lately, and Danny has been very consistent in the moments that it should have been, so he was a fair winner.

Congratulations Danny, to you and all your CC, I wish you all the best, so STAY AT HOME, and practice a lot of virtual golf.

Greetings to all.

Luis

• robvandecasteele
    628 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 5:04 PM
    thank you John for the match. and yes i too did enjoy the company. well played game by both of us. i hope to keep you as a friend. good luck in your next games.
  • azsstone
    58 Posts
    Thu, Apr 9 2020 6:53 PM

Nova A   vrs Fairway Fanatics A

Group 3   Round 3   Match 2

WaLkOfLiFe defeats azsstone 50 - 46

We both played poorly but great getting a round in with Jo. 

Good luck in Round 4

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 12:18 AM

Foooze vs bader76

Had a very competitive round with Carl today. Before I talk about the match, we have a player missing and I subbed for him. Pretty concerned for his well being as it is out of character for him to not respond to messages. That being said I want to thank Nova A's captain and Carl for being patient as we waited for our player to send word. Carl was ready to play this past weekend. Many thanks gentlemen.

I got out to an early lead with an eagle on one to Carl's bogey after a couple of very close putts skirting the edge of the cup. He quickly regained a stroke with a bird on 2. He had a great tee shot on 3 and I ran it up the hill to the back of the green. I flopped a bird in from 12 yds and again Carl had bad luck with his bird attempt just missing. We traded birdies on 4. We both had good approaches on 5. I was fortunate to drop an eagle and Carl birdied. Carl took back a stroke with a bird on 6 and we both birdied 7. After pars on 8,  I picked up another stroke with a bird on 9. At the turn I had a 26-22 lead. 

On 10 Carl answered with a bird cutting into the lead. We parred 11. Carl eagled 12 with a fantastic approach leaving a 3ft eagle putt after I parked it in the left front rough. I was fortunate to salvage a bird. On 13, Carl dropped in a great 29 ft eagle on the side of the cup. Best putt of the match. I birdied and suddenly my 4 stroke lead had all but evaporated. We traded pars on 14 and 15 with both making birds on 16. We traded eagles on 17 and headed to 18 with me holding a 1 stroke lead. Carl made a great tee shot about 10 feet from the pin. I was short of the green and pitched for eagle missing by a few inches. I was ready to accept the draw. Carl's putt was right at the cup with just a bit too much pace and lipped out. We both birded and I narrowly escaped with a win. 

Carl had a tough day putting and even so he mounted a furious challenge. A couple of near misses drop and he takes the win. I had one off my better front 9s on this course and pretty much mailed it in on the back 9. I was very lucky to get a win. 

Thanks again to my opponent for accommodating my schedule to get this played. It was not convenient for him.  

Summary of Group 3 Round 3 Match 2

Fairway Fanatics A vs Nova A

Tie 1    112 KHarmon5 48 v 54 SHALEO83 144

Tie 2    118 yzermn 48 v 50 mikee672 142

Tie 3    117 winston2041 47 v 50 Kenher01 140

Tie 4    116 TDHarvey 52 v 55 golfx3 139

Tie 5    115 shing1 51 v 52 KillzOnHorseback 141

Tie 6    111 Jmugsy1 52 v 53 1irony 136

Tie 7    106 Foooze 50 v 49 bader76 137

Tie 8    107 azsstone 46 v 50 WaLk0fLiFe 148

All matches completed. Congratulations to Nova A. Impressive performance folks. 

• PAULFINN52
    3,171 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 11:03 AM

JUST A QUICK UPDATE

MATCHES GOING WELL SO BUT LETS GET A PUSH ON OVER THIS EASTER WEEKEND CAPTAINS/PLAYERS

ONE MATCH IS GETTING BEHIND

BROOKLINE V FAIRWAY FANATICS C 5 GAMES LEFT!!!

CAPTAINS TEAMS NEED TO BE IN BY MONDAY 13TH PLEASE SO WE CAN POST GAMES TUESDAY READY TO GO FOR ROUND 4 15TH.

WE ONLY HAVE 7 TEAMS IN SO FAR SO GET THEM OVER ASAP.

FINNY

• devonpa
    10 Posts
    Fri, Apr 10 2020 12:08 PM

Round 3 Wolf Creek Stable Ford

Nova C VS. Black Diamond GC

Was a fantastic Match with Scott. Both played the F9 very strongly. Scott experienced some very unlucky mis dings on some putts that were very close to dropping.

Final Score:

DevonPA 52 - Scottried1966 49  

Nova C Victory

RSS