Forums

Help › Forums

Re: We use cookies on this site in order to give you a better experience

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 4 2020 5:51 PM (6 replies)
  • TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Wed, Jan 1 2020 11:56 AM

Earlier today this notification appeared across the bottom of my page.  

We use cookies on this site in order to give you a better experience.

It has 2 Tabs. The  1st says "Cookie Settings"  the 2nd says" Accept Cookies"

I have never before seen this, so I am concerned that it may actually be something harmful. 

I have made no recent changes to my laptop settings that might trigger this. How can it be made to go away (without clicking Accept Cookies) Can you please explain  ?  

Frankly, I do not want any of my data/information gathered, stored analysed, etc. I use NO social media in the virtual or real world, so I need noone "trying to improve my experience"

Thank you

• callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 2:35 AM

I have seen this message also. I just click on accept cookies and have had no issues to this point. Every site you search uses cookies, but I don't think they are chocolate chip.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 12:35 PM

TyMacni:

It has 2 Tabs. The  1st says "Cookie Settings"  the 2nd says" Accept Cookies"

I have never before seen this, so I am concerned that it may actually be something harmful. 

I have made no recent changes to my laptop settings that might trigger this. How can it be made to go away (without clicking Accept Cookies) Can you please explain  ?  

It's not harmful.

If you click Settings, you can restrict certain cookies from being allowed, if that makes you feel more comfortable.  Tracking Cookies and Performance Cookies, I believe.  

• whooshdangit
    1,246 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:08 PM

Cookies ? Where Cookies ?

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 1:14 PM

@ Ty Macni go to the bottom of the forum page . Click on Personal Information and you can adjust the settings as to what cookies you allow from the game . Also every once in awhile it doesnt hurt to delete flash files and all cookies that have been stored from different sites . I do it every couple of weeks as part of routine maintenance on my computer . 

• TyMacni
    1,573 Posts
    Fri, Jan 3 2020 10:30 PM

Thanks everyone, for your responses and suggestions. For me, they were very helpful. I have gone into the Privacy Preference Center and turned of Performance, Functional, and Targeting Cookies.

Tony

• CarSurferDude
    2,106 Posts
    Sat, Jan 4 2020 5:51 PM

It appears on ALL my sites now because, as of Jan 1, there were new rules and everyone is required to announce them.  

CarSurferDude

RSS