Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Scoring 52 is not a realistic score.

Wed, Jan 25 2023 10:23 PM (130 replies)
  • BrianCheese
    38 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 2:52 AM

They're not cheats, it's the game. If you buy clubs and balls from WGT - in other words give them money - they let games become easier. WGT work on the principle that if you spend money on the game then the game becomes easier for you because you can afford super-duper clubs and extra length balls.

It is true to say the better equipment the better scores, but having toiled for 6 years with a starter set, I can shoot a 62 on the very odd occasions; however the game prevents you from having any consistency by never making the same shot in the same conditions the same.

How many times have you screamed at the screen that you've played that hole so many times and that, what just happened, has never happened before. It's a negative that makes you want to buy better equipment to shoot better scores and once you spend money scoring gets easier.

It's just a huge fix (but whenever I say that in a post it gets moderated, so it must be true)

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 8:32 AM

BrianCheese:
    It's just a huge fix (but whenever I say that in a post it gets moderated, so it must be true)

For the first 35 to 40 posts, everyone gets moderated. You have 3 posts. It wouldn't matter what the substance of your post would be. The post would be moderated.

As to some of the rest (for example, "If you buy clubs and balls from WGT - in other words give them money - they let games become easier"), that's an interesting take.

It's wrong. But it is interesting. You need to re-spin the causal arrow there. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 8:33 AM

BrianCheese:

I have some bad news for you. Sadly, saying something childish and petulant does not in fact make it true.

• BPeterson8256
    2,908 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 10:09 AM

BrianCheese:

They're not cheats, it's the game. If you buy clubs and balls from WGT - in other words give them money - they let games become easier. WGT work on the principle that if you spend money on the game then the game becomes easier for you because you can afford super-duper clubs and extra length balls.

I doubt most of the top players ever spend money on the game. They are good enough they can win all the credits they need. Additionally, WGT offers other ways to get the credits you need without spending money.

If equipment is all that is holding you back from being amazing, perhaps you should see how you do in the eTour tournament, where everyone uses the same equipment. 

BrianCheese:

It is true to say the better equipment the better scores, but having toiled for 6 years with a starter set, I can shoot a 62 on the very odd occasions

62 with a starter set is a fantastic score! Congratulations! Which account of yours were you using when you shot that? It doesn't look like the account you posted from has been around six years. 😂🤦‍♂️😜

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 10:25 AM
    BPeterson8256:

BrianCheese:

I doubt most of the top players ever spend money on the game. They are good enough they can win all the credits they need. Additionally, WGT offers other ways to get the credits you need without spending money.

If equipment is all that is holding you back from being amazing, perhaps you should see how you do in the eTour tournament, where everyone uses the same equipment. 

BrianCheese:

It is true to say the better equipment the better scores, but having toiled for 6 years with a starter set, I can shoot a 62 on the very odd occasions

62 with a starter set is a fantastic score! Congratulations! Which account of yours were you using when you shot that? It doesn't look like the account you posted from has been around six years. 😂🤦‍♂️😜

good point mr peterson lol.....
  • Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 10:33 AM

@BPeterson8256

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 10:42 AM

BPeterson8256:

and the best 18 hole score is 63.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 12:52 PM

BrianCheese:
    How many times have you screamed at the screen

None, It's a game for crying out loud. Screaming will get you noting but high blood pressure. Time to smoke another one. 

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 1:24 PM

And this is exactly why ya gotta love these forums, I'm still truly amazed @ some of the chit people throw out there.

Doc :)

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 1:25 PM

BPeterson8256:
    Which account of yours were you using when you shot that? It doesn't look like the account you posted from has been around six years.

oops busted!

Can’t shoot a 60 but can……in the foot!

RSS