Help › Forums

Re: Dogwood Animal Rescue Project CC

Sat, Jan 25 2020 8:38 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Mon, Jan 13 2020 6:57 PM

Thanks you 2!

This was our girl that we rescued when she was about 3 and we got to enjoy her for 12 years.

She is the one who inspired us to volunteer at an animal rescue, Dogwood just popped up a month or so after we had to put Sandy to rest.  It was one of those things where we had a feeling she sent us the message.

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Tue, Jan 14 2020 5:38 AM

12 years she would possibly have not had

Good stuff

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 7:39 PM

bubbsboy:

12 years she would possibly have not had

Good stuff

Thanks bubbs!  Sandy was an awesome dog as so many are to their owners.

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Thu, Jan 16 2020 7:45 PM

meet Goose, he was a stray living in an ally for most of his life.  He was rescued about a week ago and seems to be fitting into his new lifestyle rather well.

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Thu, Jan 23 2020 4:39 PM

Made me think of this thread and restores some of my faith in humanity:)

Love at first sight! Wonky-faced dog Brodie gets a loving new home

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 8:52 PM

Yay for Brodie!  And major kudos to the humans that he's going to take care of!

• JDGHOST
    6,770 Posts
    Fri, Jan 24 2020 9:33 PM

Great work your doing keep it up.....Thought I might share my story with ya.....

If you love dogs.....Here's a "TAIL" of Two......
    14 Nov
    R.I.P Cooper ...I will never forget you.........
    13 Jun 2019

COOPER ^^^

Ya know how they say a dog is man's best friend?....Now I truly know what they mean...Some of you (In TFC) know about Cooper my dog....The "Hero" that once protected me by taking on a HUGE Black Bear here in the Adirondack Mountains.....A dog that truly was special....I rescued him at about 8 months old in Florida  literally 2 hours before he was to be put down  ....that was only 6 or 7 years ago...The thing was HE rescued me! We have been pretty much inseparable since that first day....I  never had a dog so loyal and love me so much as "The Coop"..About 5 weeks ago we were playing ball as always...He was full of energy and his normal 90 lb "Pitty"  strength  was strong as ever...2 days later he looked a bit off? He never was sick or needed a vet except for his shots ever before..Well it turned out he had 2 forms of Lyme disease including Lyme nephritis...This morning after a tough long fight and 3 vets (including UVS the best animal hospital in the northeast) I lost Cooper..Would have given him one of my kidneys if I could have... Honestly! The disease just destroyed his vital organs..So please... those of you who have dogs the Vets told me Lyme is at the highest rate they have ever seen this year so.. be weary...Anyway I set up a tourney for Cooper because he ALWAYS sat right next to me as I played this infernal game ...listening to me say "yeah" when I made a 40 foot bomb putt or F*** this game when I lipped out a 4 footer...Always looking at me with his head tilted as I yelled... lol.....So if you have the time play his tourney.....But Just wanted y'all to know bout him ...I will never fully recover from this loss 😟...PLEASE SCROLL DOWN TO READ MORE ...V V V V 

UPDATE AUGUST 2019 ....AFTER THE DEVASTATING LOSS OF COOPER (STILL IN A BAD DEPRESSION AND ON THE ADVICE OF SOME FRIENDS)....I  GOT INVOLVED WITH 2 LOVELY LADIES IN NYC WHO PULL DOGS FROM THE HIGH KILL SHELTER THAT ARE ON "THE LIST" THAT HAVE A WEEK OR LESS TO LIVE.....THRU THEIR SMALL PRIVATE RESCUE...AND AFTER 36 HOURS OF OF DILIGENT PHONE CONVERSATIONS I FOUND "TEDDY" ...A 1 AND I/2 YEAR OLD BRINDLE PITBULL THAT HAD ABOUT 40 HOURS TO LIVE....WELL THEY MANAGED TO PULL HIM WITH "24 MINS!!!" LEFT...TWO DAYS LATER PUT HIM ON A TRANSPORT TO ME IN UPSTATE NY ALL ON THEIR DIME.......POOR GUY WAS A WEAK SKIN AND BONES 58 LBS 😥....WELL HAPPY TO SAY IT'S BEEN 7 WEEKS NOW HE IS A HEALTHY STRONG 80+ LBS AND HE HAS NOT LEFT MY SIDE(SOUND FAMILIAR?) WE ARE BUILDING A GREAT FRIENDSHIP AND ALTHOUGH I MISS COOPER EVERYDAY I HOPE HE LOOKS DOWN ON ME FROM DOGIE HEAVEN AND IS HAPPY I HELPED TO SAVE ONE OF HIS BRETHREN AND WOULD WANT THIS FOR ME AND TEDDY !!...ONE DAY MAYBE WE ALL WILL BE TOGETHER ....MISS YA BUDDY....

AGAIN ....THANKS FOR LISTENING......           

TEDDY  ^^^

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 8:31 AM

I can tell they were both heart felt stories and so sorry to read about Cooper, it's a tough thing to go through.  The cool thing, Cooper was still looking out for you and hooked you up with Teddy so yea, he was happy you saved another life.

Are you still holding a tourney for him or was it a 1 time deal?

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 8:36 AM

here are the latest pups my wife and I helped rescue, drove about 300 miles round trip to get them.  The big girl on the right was the heavyweight at 12oz and her brother on the left was in the featherweight class at 9oz.  They're being bottle fed to help them get big and strong, well, maybe not so big.

• Cas57
    3,036 Posts
    Sat, Jan 25 2020 8:38 AM

this is big sis getting her bottle

• PAGES
RSS