Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Introducing the European eTour!

Mon, Apr 27 2020 8:50 AM (42 replies)
  • birchi
    1,492 Posts
    Fri, Dec 13 2019 4:14 PM
    WGTChampion:

Posting to edit myself from earlier. My understanding was incorrect and a decision has not yet been made regarding whether the club set will change from tournament to tournament. 

_CHAMPION 

lol, if it changes I’d like to get my 15.000 credits back that I invested after your initial message :D
  • Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Sat, Dec 14 2019 6:41 PM

And the average mug playing this game and paying for their gear and balls has absolutely no chance in this tournament which will end up being between the same few who play on pc with their charts and calculations, yet they are still griping about using a standard set of clubs. Should be using standard wgt balls too. I’ll stick to see ball hit ball and have fun, it’s just a game. In the real world 5 or 6 under is a good score, yet all these “champions” going around in sub 60 scores and still whining about having to use a virtual set of clubs out of their comfort zone is pathetic.

• Eganizer
    30 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 4:37 AM

G'day, just a quick question. I heard our account has to be verified to be eligible? Is this the case?

Cheers Eganizer

• Easy1955
    262 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 7:27 AM

I 2nd that Lonnie ...clubs are awful ... a hybrid ? really ? and yet again ..leader at 52 ..hmmm I just don't get it .. so good luck people ...1 lost ball was enough for me ;-) 

• DampandDusty
    125 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 9:54 AM

Played it. Shot an ok round. Enjoyed it.

Unlike others, don't mind Set of the Week - makes you think a bit and obviously unless you own those clubs, you won't have the mapping. So a bit of guesswork and experience required.

However - why only x2 wedges??? No one at the top uses a hybrid and the gapping vs the 3 iron (225 vs 220) is pointless. Should have used all three 'Milled Grinds', including the 64 deg

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 10:33 AM

Easy1955:

I 2nd that Lonnie ...clubs are awful ... a hybrid ? really ? and yet again ..leader at 52 ..hmmm I just don't get it .. so good luck people ...1 lost ball was enough for me ;-) 

Lost a ball on the 8th with a 21-23 right to left wind. Not a lover of Wolf Creek and I won’t waste any more balls playing, if people want to restart over and over, go for it!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts

Easy1955:

Lost a ball on the 8th with a 21-23 right to left wind. Not a lover of Wolf Creek and I won’t waste any more balls playing, if people want to restart over and over, go for it!

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts

I think giving everybody the same clubs in theory, is a way to give everybody a ‘sporting’ chance, apart from the balls used I still think the cream will rise to the top.

just goes to prove how good the top players are

Easy1955:

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Dec 15 2019 11:44 AM

WGTChampion:
    a decision has not yet been made regarding whether the club set will change from tournament to tournament. 

I think changing the clubs every tourney is a great idea. It would make it more interesting if all players also used the same ball (starter, WGT ball, whatever). No advantage to anyone that way. Not to mention the fun the viewers would have. 

The scores would be closer to realistic golf scores, and would surely make the game more appealing to anyone watching who's never played WGT. Seeing players shoot darts and score birdies 15 of 18 holes would make the game too unbelievable for outsiders. 

RSS