Forums

Help › Forums

Re: unwanted advertising

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 12 2019 11:02 AM (3 replies)
  • medavis474211
    18 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 2:31 AM

Can you lose the stupid Mazda ad that covers the entire top of the screen, covering the wind speed and direction. It totally ruins gameplay. Over the past few years advertising has become a cancer, yet you still charge to play the game. Shameful or greedy?

• 1BAMA5
    85 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 12:03 PM
    try using a ad blocker will see no ads i use adblock plus
  • DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 8:38 PM

medavis474211:

Can you lose the stupid Mazda ad that covers the entire top of the screen, covering the wind speed and direction. It totally ruins gameplay. Over the past few years advertising has become a cancer, yet you still charge to play the game. Shameful or greedy?

What do you pay to play?  You can play for free if you want.

WGT is a business and part of their revenue is from advertising.  If they did not have advertising, then you would be paying to play.

Use an ad blocker.

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 11:02 AM

DoctorLarry:

medavis474211:

What do you pay to play?  You can play for free if you want.

WGT is a business and part of their revenue is from advertising.  If they did not have advertising, then you would be paying to play.

Use an ad blocker.

If you have an ad on the game screen then that is not from WGT. I have been on WGT for over 10 years and even when I did not use an ad blocker I never had an ad on the game screen, What you have is an ad bot and a normal ad blocker might not get rid of it, Use something like spybot search and destroy to get rid of it., 

RSS