Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Showdown Issues

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 19 2020 4:10 PM (38 replies)
  • SeveFrost
    1,489 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 12:04 PM

Player the second qualifying games, had another forfeiter, yet this time no problems 👍

• Imahacker58
    366 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 2:36 PM

Simple solution would be for the showdown to be played on 9 holes for everybody from but not linked to coin rooms, and 18 holes for second and final rounds, so the forfeit glitch won’t happen. Surely couldn’t be too hard for WGT to change this aspect but I’m betting it won’t happen. On a side note I had 4 out of 6 opponents forfeit during the qualifying round and had no problems completing my games.

• Infyniti
    27 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 7:19 AM

Imahacker58:
    On a side note I had 4 out of 6 opponents forfeit during the qualifying round and had no problems completing my games.

The problem seems to occur when the other person is first to hit on first tee and the game won't load due to whatever reason.

This happened to me. It was my 5th match. Game was spinning and not loading. after a minute or two it goes to the reconnecting. I load immediately. So waiting on the other player. The timer is counting down and gets to 10 seconds. Then i get message "saved game doesn't exist".

Boom instant 3 bogeys and potentially a 6-7 stroke swing. i was on pace for anywhere between first and 5th place too. 

As long as get to hit a ball you're probably ok. But the first tee and not hitting at all seems to be the biggest issue right now.

• MattMaher35
    518 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 11:47 AM

I caved and didn’t boycott this showdown like I threatened to. I just couldn’t help myself when the graphic was starring me in the face every day. Looks like I was one of the lucky ones this time around, and the game performed properly in all 3 rounds. In the last round I had 2 opponents quit too, once during the round and once before we even teed off. Based on other comments I’ve seen both here and in my CC, I wouldn’t say WGT has fixed anything, but I was just lucky my opponents quit at an opportune time. 

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 11:58 AM

Infyniti:
    As long as get to hit a ball you're probably ok. But the first tee and not hitting at all seems to be the biggest issue right now.

Are you using phone, tablet or EA?  When I played the showdowns, I opted to play using the EA so I didn't have to worry about a connectivity issue with wifi… but I still observed this "connectivity" issue sometimes with a direct line into internet connection.

I stopped playing showdowns for the issues being reported, but have followed these threads to see what kind of progress is being made or lack thereof.

• Ishimi31
    19 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 12:07 PM

Unfortunately, I received Error Code: 1072 as my opponent forfeited on the 7th hole putting green during the final round in the Expert division of the latest showdown. After numerous attempts in hitting 'Retry' failed, I finally hit 'Cancel', was subsequently booted from the match and received bogeys for holes 7-9 as a result.

Instances of forfeited matches had allowed me to at least finish the match in the previous two rounds, but not here. Progress is being made on this issue, but it's far from being fixed. It would have been nice to have a chance to finish in the top 10 and earn my entry fee back.... oh well.

https://i.imgur.com/kmhr4RF.jpg

• Infyniti
    27 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 2:54 PM

el3n1:
    Are you using phone, tablet or EA?

Tablet. But my wifi connection wasn't the problem. It was server end or the other person closed out. My  phone was on same wifi and I was surfing net and facebook while the game was spinning.

I suspect the other person closed out when they saw they were a Tour Pro vs a TL. But that is just a guess.

• MattMaher35
    518 Posts
    Mon, Feb 17 2020 9:19 PM

Ishimi31:

Unfortunately, I received Error Code: 1072 as my opponent forfeited on the 7th hole putting green during the final round in the Expert division of the latest showdown. After numerous attempts in hitting 'Retry' failed, I finally hit 'Cancel', was subsequently booted from the match and received bogeys for holes 7-9 as a result.

Instances of forfeited matches had allowed me to at least finish the match in the previous two rounds, but not here. Progress is being made on this issue, but it's far from being fixed. It would have been nice to have a chance to finish in the top 10 and earn my entry fee back.... oh well.

https://i.imgur.com/kmhr4RF.jpg

If you bring this to WGT’s attention through the help tab on mobile they’ll refund your entry fee and tell you they’re looking into it. To me that’s not nearly enough after playing 40 something holes and being in position to win, but it’s something at least. I speak from experience because I’ve had this exact scenario play out 3 times now...

• Picardio
    62 Posts
    Wed, Feb 19 2020 4:10 PM

I had issues twice in the 18 holes , guy forfeited on first hole so I was playing on my own , was -2 playing the 3rd hole when game froze,  I restarted game and was -1 having played 3 ??? , next 12 holes I played non stop , and was -8 , I stopped playing to have breakfast , I returned an hour later to play final 3 holes to find I was-5 having played 18????

How is this possible?? , I complained to wgt who gave me my credits back .. .wow.. how pathetic is that!!

You would think a couple of balls would have been appropriate.

RSS