Help › Forums

Re: Showdown Issues

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 19 2020 4:10 PM (38 replies)
  • Alithomson
    1 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 1:49 AM

Yep agree 100%

I was on final round with 3 holes to go and one shot off lead when it landed me with three no view

Why the hell is it head to head in a stroke play event?????

I'd rather play on my own and  also play holes in the same order as all the others playing

Sort it out WGT

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 10:29 AM

I've been leaderboard-watching and conclude that two players who tied me in score did not meet the tiebreak criteria against me yet finished above me on the board. WGT needs to figure that one out.

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 8:39 PM

sammey1:

I've been leaderboard-watching and conclude that two players who tied me in score did not meet the tiebreak criteria against me yet finished above me on the board. WGT needs to figure that one out.

Just saw it happen again. The standings aren't meeting the tiebreak criteria.

• MattMaher35
    518 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 8:43 PM

Just had another issue in the final round of the showdown. That makes it 3 out of 6 showdowns I’ve had problems and I’m officially done with them unless WGT corrects the issues. 

What happened was I had a tap in birdie on the final hole of holes 10-12 for me. When my opponent missed his birdie putt(which lost him the match) he immediately quit. This seems to be where the game can’t overcome the opponent quitting, when the quitting occurs between turns. I got the error message, I kept trying to click “retry” and finally it kicked me back to the home screen. When I went back in the showdown, it was like holes 10-12 never happened even though they were all but completed. This was the same thing that happened to me two showdowns ago when I made an eagle on the first hole of 3 and my opponent quit as the eagle graphic was on the screen. I didn’t eagle the hole the second time around and I lost my showdown by 1 shot of course. The difference this time though was when I went to play again I didn’t immediately get put back on those same 3 holes. 
    The game had me play the other remaining holes first this time, then it had me replay the 3 holes I already played as holes 16-18 in the round. This time, my opponent tried to play games to get me to quit on the first hole when he was about to make bogey. He kept stepping away so that the game would disconnect and then he would reconnect when there was less than 5 seconds left on the timer in hopes I’d get fed up and quit. After like the 10th time the reconnect timer actually went to zero, but it kicked me back to the home screen too. When I went back in the showdown, it had marked me down for bogeys on all 3 holes 16-18. Birdies on all 3 and I probably win my showdown and at bare minimum finish top 3. Now I’m sitting in 30 something place and furious. I’m also furious that I don’t remember his name so that I can report him. 

To make up for this WGT will likely refund my entry but after playing 45 holes and being on the cusp of winning this isn’t even close to an acceptable solution. 
    I don’t mind the format, but I hate that your opponent who may not even be playing the showdown can ruin it. Every round I try to be the most overly happy and helpful person to my opponent in the hopes that they won’t quit if I kill them with kindness. The fixes they put in place work sometimes, but of course it fails at the worst possible time. 
  • Ty84moss
    10 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 7:16 AM
    sammey1:

sammey1:

Just saw it happen again. The standings aren't meeting the tiebreak criteria.

I’ve noticed this as well.
  • el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 12:40 PM

MattMaher35:
    Just had another issue in the final round of the showdown.

I too would be livid... outcomes should not be dictated by such things as this... I can only hope WGT is listening / reading the concerns expressed... but like others, I stopped playing showdowns until there was some indication issues were being addressed.  

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 3:17 PM

I don't know if this is the new policy of the company but I've noticed much less interaction of the WGT staff with us, the customers in the forums. Champ or Iconic used to intervene in this kind of situations but nope... we're ignored flat!

As a matter of fact, this is a serious issue, especially when users come in to participate the event while paying entry fee! It's been going on for months since the very first showdown and nothing's done to fix the situation?? Wow... 

The best is not to get involved in it at all in the future.

• sammey1
    679 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 10:18 PM

MattMaher35:

Just had another issue in the final round of the showdown. That makes it 3 out of 6 showdowns I’ve had problems and I’m officially done with them unless WGT corrects the issues. 

What happened was I had a tap in birdie on the final hole of holes 10-12 for me. When my opponent missed his birdie putt(which lost him the match) he immediately quit. This seems to be where the game can’t overcome the opponent quitting, when the quitting occurs between turns. I got the error message, I kept trying to click “retry” and finally it kicked me back to the home screen. When I went back in the showdown, it was like holes 10-12 never happened even though they were all but completed. This was the same thing that happened to me two showdowns ago when I made an eagle on the first hole of 3 and my opponent quit as the eagle graphic was on the screen. I didn’t eagle the hole the second time around and I lost my showdown by 1 shot of course. The difference this time though was when I went to play again I didn’t immediately get put back on those same 3 holes. 
    The game had me play the other remaining holes first this time, then it had me replay the 3 holes I already played as holes 16-18 in the round. This time, my opponent tried to play games to get me to quit on the first hole when he was about to make bogey. He kept stepping away so that the game would disconnect and then he would reconnect when there was less than 5 seconds left on the timer in hopes I’d get fed up and quit. After like the 10th time the reconnect timer actually went to zero, but it kicked me back to the home screen too. When I went back in the showdown, it had marked me down for bogeys on all 3 holes 16-18. Birdies on all 3 and I probably win my showdown and at bare minimum finish top 3. Now I’m sitting in 30 something place and furious. I’m also furious that I don’t remember his name so that I can report him. 

To make up for this WGT will likely refund my entry but after playing 45 holes and being on the cusp of winning this isn’t even close to an acceptable solution. 
    I don’t mind the format, but I hate that your opponent who may not even be playing the showdown can ruin it. Every round I try to be the most overly happy and helpful person to my opponent in the hopes that they won’t quit if I kill them with kindness. The fixes they put in place work sometimes, but of course it fails at the worst possible time. 

I saw you climbing the board. Maybe -9 after 9. Looked to be a cinch for a really high result. Then saw you after 18 at -10. It didn't make sense. Now I understand. I can appreciate how frustrating it must be.

• SeveFrost
    1,489 Posts
    Mon, Feb 10 2020 10:24 AM

Thought I'd post this here rather than on a new thread

Just played the first qualifying round of the latest showdown and got to the last hole of the nine. I was -6 and had hit a drive just short of the green on a par 4, the opponent hasn't played well and misses the fairway with his drive, so forfeits. It then offers me Cancel or Retry, I press Cancel and the game freezes. I go out of the app, return to find I was scored with a bogey on the last hole and a final score of -5. I know this will be good enough to qualify but can you please do something about these forfeits so that it doesn't or cannot penalise players if someone does it in the important final round. Thanks

• Infyniti
    27 Posts
    Fri, Feb 14 2020 1:01 AM

SeveFrost:

Thought I'd post this here rather than on a new thread

Just played the first qualifying round of the latest showdown and got to the last hole of the nine. I was -6 and had hit a drive just short of the green on a par 4, the opponent hasn't played well and misses the fairway with his drive, so forfeits. It then offers me Cancel or Retry, I press Cancel and the game freezes. I go out of the app, return to find I was scored with a bogey on the last hole and a final score of -5. I know this will be good enough to qualify but can you please do something about these forfeits so that it doesn't or cannot penalise players if someone does it in the important final round. Thanks

you chose poorly.

RSS