Help › Forums

Re: Selecting 3 wedges

rated by 0 users
Wed, Dec 11 2019 2:16 PM (6 replies)
  • autoswing
    172 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 11:28 PM

I don't use a hybrid.

I have 3 wedges  at 100yards,  80yards and 60 yards.

I did not appreciate being on (well just off !) the  first green in a head to head to find that my trusty 60yard wedge was not in the bag !! Trying to adjust for the 80yard  was a bit of fun though. 

(Please don't talk to me about degrees of loft, sand wedge/lob wedge,etc. I'm not interested. Distance figures are all that's relevant for WGT).

It took me ages to figure out how to achieve this using the Edit Equipment screens. Eventually I figured it out, but it was NOT obvious. It was really not clear how to deselect  the EZ Starter hybrid and replace it with a  wedge. TBH I'm still not sure exactly how I did it. How about a DESELECT button ?

I know I can go back to the Flash version (which is still "better" for accuracy/my scores ) to edit the equipment. (but see other thread about Stand-Bag....)

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 12:02 AM

in Home on settings the 4th option is customize equipment.The options for  that are normal and advanced. Select advanced and you can replace the hybrid with your 60 yard wedge, 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 2:27 PM

autoswing:
    I did not appreciate being on (well just off !) the  first green in a head to head to find that my trusty 60yard wedge was not in the bag !! Trying to adjust for the 80yard  was a bit of fun though. 

In the future, that wedge punches 68 and is easy to choke down.  ;-)

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 3:56 PM

A lot can be said here, but I'll keep it short and sweet.  The game has a million glitches, that still aren't 100% fixed.  With that being said, don't ever be surprized with anything that you find.  I have had this discussion with many of the members in my club, and a bit of free advice follows:

1.  prior to getting ready to play, simply check your inventory, all the right clubs, correct ball etc.   

2.  Prior to making a shot, check to see if your caddy has given you the correct club

3.  If putting, make sure that you have the correct scale

all this only takes a minute on your part, and saves a whole lot of aggrivation, during play. 

As in real golf, make this a pre-shot habit ! 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 4:24 PM

Luckystar5:
    Prior to making a shot, check to see if your caddy has given you the correct club

Do not trust the caddie, KNOW what you want to hit. The way the game suggests clubs is not dependable in any fashion, it's purely a numbers choice. Treat the caddie's choice as a suggestion and go from there.

By way of an example, I have the 60-80-100 CG wedges. Regardless of where I'm at, the caddie will NEVER offer me that 80W. I could be 70 yards out and I get the 100W.

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 4:31 PM

Thank you for reiterating my facts.  Hopefully it helps the poster. 

• autoswing
    172 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 2:16 PM

Yes - thanks to all for taking the time to reply. Makes a change, too often these days you get a few of the arrogant trolls offering their unhelpful opinions... :-)

Can't believe how different the game is  to play. Not better or worse, just different...

RSS