Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Showdown bug

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 12 2019 2:56 AM (5 replies)
  • DanL24
    61 Posts
    Thu, Dec 5 2019 1:23 PM

I was playing my 6 3 hole matches for the current Showdown round.  Finished first 15 holes at 11 under and was trying to set up 6th match as it kept searching for an opponent for 30+ seconds.  I got bored and aborted the attempt to try again later.  When I came back I found out it counted me as having forfeited before it even started with bogeys on all 3 holes.  That seems lime an unfair glitch since I had not yet even matched to an opponent let alone started the round.  

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 10:36 AM

and with no resolution, I have been booted from the showdown that I likely would have won prizes from.

I will not play another showdown until this terrible problem is fixed.  You can't have someone forfeit a match that has not yet begun and expect it to be a viable model.

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 9:55 AM

Dan,i certainly don't know what happened in your situation,but a couple possibilities spring to mind.#1 a split second before you left the searching for opponent,you got matched before it could appear on your screen so it was like you forfeited.#2 when you came back to play later the time allotted for that round had expired. Good luck and maybe customer support can help.

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 1:34 PM

BOZskills:

Dan,i certainly don't know what happened in your situation,but a couple possibilities spring to mind.#1 a split second before you left the searching for opponent,you got matched before it could appear on your screen so it was like you forfeited.#2 when you came back to play later the time allotted for that round had expired. Good luck and maybe customer support can help.

I'm assuming #1 is the case, but if so they need to fix that somehow because there is literally no way of being notified that you are forfeiting in that situation.  #2 was not the case as there was still like 45 hours left in the round.

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 1:10 PM

It's a known situation where cancelling out possibly puts the coins at risk depending on the timing of someone matching you

Lets say the server matches you but your connection to the server is a bit laggy at that time. You may be matched for 10-15 seconds and not know it yet. 

Bottom line is don't cancel out if doing showdowns. the penalty is bogeys on all three holes. 

• DanL24
    61 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 2:56 AM

Mythanatos:

It's a known situation where cancelling out possibly puts the coins at risk depending on the timing of someone matching you

Lets say the server matches you but your connection to the server is a bit laggy at that time. You may be matched for 10-15 seconds and not know it yet. 

Bottom line is don't cancel out if doing showdowns. the penalty is bogeys on all three holes. 

I'd call it a bug rather than a situation and I was definitely unaware of it and I am not exactly a rookie.  In every other instance in the mobile game of forfeiting or withdrawing from a tournament, you are offered a warning to click to confirm that you are withdrawing.

I think it is something they need to fix.  Perhaps a simple warning box of "do you wish to forfeit these holes" would suffice.

RSS