Help › Forums

Re: Ready Gos Devalued? Lower entry fees

rated by 0 users
Thu, Dec 26 2019 8:40 AM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Robbob1970
    113 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 5:05 AM

Couldn't possibly be because no-one can farm anymore and therefor no-one can afford to pay the higher entry fees. So to get participation rates back they offer lower entry fees.

Do the good folks at WGT honestly believe, good hard working folk are going to spend more money to play a virtual game rather than the real thing. I think not. 

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 9:04 PM

DonCaron:

I play and enjoy RG's. Like Mantis said, I'm not good enough to win so I just play for fun.

And... Donate to the cause

+1

I figure if I'm going to play a solo round and use ball hits (still a cost unless you use the free ball) why not spend a few credits and play for a chance to win some back.   Otherwise I just hack away in the free tournies.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 9:47 PM

wleiss:

DampandDusty:
    I presume this is a recent thing and that the best players (not me - I'm only a Legend, I mean Tour Champs) who rely on these Ready Gos to earn credits to buy expensive balls might be slightly up in arms?

I think you make a good point. I have to admit I was more than a little surprised to see a few of the best players in the game in a 50 credit Ready-Go I played the other day. Now I know why. There are fewer alternatives. Maybe WGT is counting on people who know they are going to lose being more willing to lose 50 credits than 100 credits. I'm not sure the money that is being lost by the top players due to the smaller purses can be made up by watching videos. Video watching is not real consistent these days. 

I use to play a few 50 credit ready go’s, back when the video credits were free and plentiful. It didn’t bother me if I didn’t play well and withdraw, 10 mins of videos afterwards and I’d got my stake back.

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Tue, Dec 10 2019 5:41 AM

Credits DO have value, real value!  While it is not much, each credit is worth US $.0015.

Get 165,000 of these almost worthless credits and it is possible to exchange them for a gift card worth US $250.00.

What is most interesting is to look at the RTG tournament results from the last 7 days. A quick scan of the list shows that only one with a 1000 credit entry fee was completed.  There is one of these 1000 credit tournaments that is open but still needs 15 more participants before it gets underway. Since a person can only be involved with one RTG at a time, it makes sense that the higher value tournaments, with slow turnover would be less appealing than 25 and 50 credit tournaments.

So it all becomes a question of whether it is better to play in one high value tournament or several lower level tournaments that finish more quickly. With more lower value tournaments being set up, the answer from  WGT is that lower value is better.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Wed, Dec 25 2019 4:04 PM

DampandDusty:
    I'm fully aware credits have no monetary value.

Bought with cash?

That gives them monetary value, you wouldn’t sell them back for nothing....would you?

• BPeterson8256
    2,907 Posts
    Thu, Dec 26 2019 8:40 AM

HackWilson1930:

Since a person can only be involved with one RTG at a time, it makes sense that the higher value tournaments, with slow turnover would be less appealing than 25 and 50 credit tournaments.

You can play in as many RGs at a time as you like. The only time limit is on a specific RG. So you can not play in that specific RG until it is completed, but you can still enter every other RG all at the same time.

DampandDusty:

seem to been downgraded to 50cr, 25cr, even 10cr entry!!

I don't see it as a downgrade. It just seems to be to be a wider variety of options to chose from. 

As for whether or not the payout of credits make it worth it... That is a rather myopic view of why people play this game. I personally love the "single play" format, and I like RGs for other reasons as well. I would guess if you could poll all those who play, you would find hundreds of reasons why people want to play in these tourneys.

I know WGT is not perfect, but I am a huge fan. I love that there are so many fun formats and ways to play this game. Kudos to WGT for continuing to give us such a fun product.

My 2 cents worth...   Brett

• PAGES
RSS