Forums

Help › Forums

Re: putters

Wed, Dec 18 2019 2:47 PM (5 replies)
  • wthana
    499 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 8:07 AM

In your expert experience.

In what order are the most beneficial benefits to take into consideration when purchasing a putter.

Precision - Forgiveness - Ballance.

• ItsTooSweet
    149 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 8:32 PM

My two cents:

Precision: Precision is always a good thing. This is typically what you are paying for in the pro shop.

Forgiveness: Low forgiveness for off-ding putting styles, Higher forgiveness for ding style putting.

Balance: Still not exactly sure what this does. I notice this the least in all of the putters that I have used.

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 8:39 PM

ItsTooSweet:

My two cents:

Precision: Precision is always a good thing. This is typically what you are paying for in the pro shop.

Forgiveness: Low forgiveness for off-ding putting styles, Higher forgiveness for ding style putting.

Balance: Still not exactly sure what this does. I notice this the least in all of the putters that I have used.

Could not have said it better.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Sun, Dec 8 2019 9:27 PM

To me, balance defines how precisely putts will stay on line over long distances. Perform some long putts on STA with the Starter putter - you will notice that it's missing.

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Mon, Dec 9 2019 6:29 AM

Years of trial & error, have enlighten me to the Versa L70. I believe it has performed as a miss-dinger as well as targeting the hole itself.

The most important attribute in my opinion, is the speed of the putters.

Matching you driver, irons, putters, and balls will give you the smoothest meter possible.

No conflicting information to the game engine

I have had my butt kicked by starter putters all to often. So, find a set that matches up, and your hand eye coordination, will pick up the speed, whichever it may be, in a short time frame

----------------------<*{{{{{-(

• wthana
    499 Posts
    Wed, Dec 18 2019 2:47 PM

Thank you all for your replies

RSS