Forums

Help › Forums

Re: on a lighter note..

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 30 2019 3:28 PM (9 replies)
  • SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Thu, Nov 28 2019 11:35 AM

Happy Thanksgiving to the WGT'ers around the globe if that's your thing :)

I've been playing more stroke play to get better and give tournaments a try soon and I just shot my best round of golf to date at Kiawah Island

61 on 18 holes! 

not the best score in the community but super stoked on it for my own records

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 3:56 PM

Congrats.

It's the good rounds that keep me going!!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 4:17 PM

SMOKEshack0:

Happy Thanksgiving to the WGT'ers around the globe if that's your thing :)

I've been playing more stroke play to get better and give tournaments a try soon and I just shot my best round of golf to date at Kiawah Island

61 on 18 holes! 

not the best score in the community but super stoked on it for my own records

Good for you. 61 is awesome for a master, keep it up.

• SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Fri, Nov 29 2019 4:29 PM

Thanks Doc Larry & Don I appreciate it

I was stoked to pull it off and had to tell someone other than the dog! 

the good shots and rounds are worth the bumps along the way

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 3:21 AM

Congrats!

61s make Legends - go for it!

• SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 4:24 AM

alosso:

Congrats!

61s make Legends - go for it!

Thanks man!  I've been messing around with better clubs and balls lately. what a difference it makes in your game. 

on a sidenote, my score is not showing up in my 'Stats' section of my profile. it shows on Score History but not Stats on there or on my profile in my CC either. The [ 2 ] i was looking to replace and upgrade is still lurking and reflecting my frustration with putting earlier this year lol. my avg score dropped from a 72 to 71 from this round and the birdies collected in the stats section also, just not the 61 in 'best 18 hole round' 

any suggestions? maybe the holiday slows updates??  Cheers! 

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 6:44 AM

SMOKEshack0:

The [ 2 ] i was looking to replace and upgrade is still lurking and reflecting my frustration with putting earlier this year lol.

any suggestions? maybe the holiday slows updates??  Cheers! 

Congrats on the 61 !

I still remember when I was back in Master and everything "just started to click" for me personally ... it's a GREAT feeling and  it should only get better ... and then worst ... and then better ... and worse ... and better as you climb the ranks to Tour Champion!!! LOL !

As far as your 61 showing in your stats, it won't because of the 2. That 2 is from a few months back when there was a one day Scoring Avg Glitch that counted all H2H matches as 18 hole ranked rounds. I don't know if WGT can go in and delete it if you request it but otherwise you're pretty much stuck with a 2 showing as your best 18 hole round!

You mentioned earlier about starting to get into Tournaments. A fun way would be to play the monthly WGT Virtual Tour events. Its usually right on the start screen (this month was Pinehurst #2) Basically you can play the same 18 holes unlimited for about about the first 25 days of month and then there is a second round which is on time play for the last 4-5 days of month. Every third one is a Major and has 3 rounds!

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 8:10 AM
    61 well done bud.....on wgts worst greens you done good
  • SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 3:26 PM

MarchieB - Thanks man, I agree when i hit Master something definitely clicked. I'm not even sure what was different but i was just better, the game was more fun too and i picked up a better driver which really changed things also. I'm stoked I didn't go for too much bag early on and get burnt out either, I played for coins in h2h cause it was fun to compete in a live setting but now I'm seeing how stroke play and the more even pace can benefit your game and precision shots so much more. I'm looking for TM in my not too distant future.. lol

Good call on the '2 in the best 18' spot on my profile, i would have never known that was the problem unless i asked around the forums. I appreciate the knowledge for the game over here. And I'll get into the Virtual tour events, sounds like a good time!

I might be looking for a little more active CC if anyone knows anything... 

• SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Sat, Nov 30 2019 3:28 PM

Thanks MGB01! much appreciated

gonna have to go for 18 at WC or PB and see how she flies

RSS