Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Early Access for Mac

Sun, Dec 3 2023 4:32 AM (117 replies)
  • ELENADETROYA
    230 Posts
    Thu, Apr 23 2020 7:50 PM

Finally I played in the WGT  new vvrsion to Mac  .... and my experince was really disapponting in all senses , very poor graphics and absolutely lost of features like outfits , avatar , and  box chat . Maybe I leave the game if they not inprove the  game as we know .

Where is my bag clubs , where is  my whole  outfits  and what gonna happen with our profile window , gonna look as we have now ??? where is a confortable box chat ?.

seems  like a arcadie game of 70's really rustic , that's what I saw .

Elena  .

• Gionta
    4 Posts
    Sat, Apr 25 2020 10:05 AM

I don't really understand how Steam works - never used it. Is the Mac/PC version the same as the Steam version (sorry if this is a dumb question)?

I did download the Mac version, and I like some aspects of it, however, it appears I can't access all of the equipment in the pro shop (more club selection, etc. in the online/flash version). Assume all of this will be available later.

Some aspects of the Mac version makes it seems like an arcade game. Personally, don't really like the "coin" games and getting things like a shirt and some shoes that magically upgrade my abilities. That is a horrible idea and takes away from the realism of the game. Perhaps they should add an "arcade" version and a "classic" version so that those who want a cartoonish arcade game can have it, and the rest of us can play the more realistic classic version of the game (perhaps your player in each version of the game should be separate to prevent overlap/keep both versions separate and true to their intended purpose/audience). 

Also, what's up with the putt preview? Is this going to be the norm...even for tournament play? Seems like cheating - you don't get a free practice putt before you take your actual swing on a real course). Putt preview is good for practice rounds, but it would be kind of ridiculous to include it in competitive/tournament matches.

I don't seem to have a hate on for this new version as much as some on this forum (but maybe it's because I have not played it that much yet?). It has some potential, and I don't like flash for many reasons (not the least of which is the fact that people can use it to cheat at the game), so I am not really sad to see flash go. Hopefully they'll bring improvements to the PC/Mac/Steam version and won't change it into a goofy arcade style style game, as I think many of us play this game for its realism. Arcade style play might bring in some new players, but it will surely drive some other players away from the game.

Lastly, did WGT post a full list of the differences between the online/flash version and the new downloadable PC/Mac/Stream version? 

• Ezzy1959
    44 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 11:55 AM

This is driving me insane. I changed the resolution in the options menu to a larger resolution. It was much to large. I then couldn't access the options button to change the resolution back to a smaller size again. There seems to be no way to minimise the window so I can access the options button. I tried to use the zoom function, but that didn't reduce the size enough to see the options button. There are no arrows in the corner to reduce the windows size. There's no green tab in the top left corner to reduce the size.

Well, I thought; I will uninstall the wgt download  from my laptop and reinstall it. So i uninstalled it, rebooted my computer, installed once again the 'early access for mac 'program, opened it, and the large resolution was still there. I'm usually ok at troubleshooting with computers, but this is 'doing my head in.' I must admit I'm stuck, and there is probably a simple solution to it, but I can't find it. So I have an unplayable game at the moment. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks.

• Ezzy1959
    44 Posts
    Sat, May 9 2020 12:03 PM

Oh, by the way, I also tried to change the resolution in my 'system preferences' but that didn't work either.

• CRowan
    405 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 7:21 AM

On my mac, when I open the launcher I get this message

Error: accèss to/Volumes/WGTLauncher/is forbidden; run patcher in administrator mode

• GedEButler
    53 Posts
    Tue, Jun 9 2020 7:41 PM

DonCaron:
    In 7 months everyone will be using the steam version. 

.........or not,   LOL~~

• FCRacing
    7 Posts
    Sat, Jun 13 2020 4:32 AM

Can some help me download NV when i open the link to download for mac /pc it asks me to create an account i already have one if i put in my user name it tells me its taken this i know its mine tried from the forum logged in no luck

• Tigerpaw509
    1,285 Posts
    Mon, Jun 22 2020 7:33 AM

Most likely you are clicking on create new account, look again there is also a spot to click for sign in

• MasterJibber
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jul 4 2020 1:05 AM

me too, whats the issue here ?

• rolssperling
    652 Posts
    Wed, Aug 12 2020 5:30 AM

I'm getting used to the new version and I like it and shall be staying.

I wish they would get rid of the 'watching opponent' message taking up all the most expensive real estate on screen. If you have to keep it for whatever reason then hide it bottom left where only those who are interested can easily find it. This game has great graphics don't spoil it by blasting the same pointless message on virtually every screen.

Cheers

RSS