Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Jan 17 2020 7:41 AM

Aldasakk:

A word of caution to everyone that is now rushing to upgrade their macs to catalina: Before doing so check your programs if they are really 64bit! Older 32bit software will no longer work. For me that would mean to throw away the whole Adobe Creative Suite and a bunch of other useful software just to mimic the iPad version of WGT on my desktop.

Very Good Point

• Miantiao
    401 Posts
    Sun, Jan 19 2020 6:23 PM

Downloaded and perused.

Not liking the stand alone game at all.

Is it possible to create a PC game that plays the same as the Flash game? This should be the goal of your developers - to match or better the current game. 

Never liked the mobile version.

Why ditch the Flash game anyway?

Mike

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Mon, Jan 20 2020 7:13 AM

• DeirdreO
    90 Posts
    Sun, Feb 9 2020 7:32 PM

I’ve always played on my iPad, but when I read you could play foursomes with Mobile players if it was initiated by a pc, or laptop, I gave it a try.  Of course it was awkward and I was only getting pars, I thought it was fun to play with more than one other friend.  Loved it, we all did.  I just need to get used to the different method of playing, using the touchpad on my MacBook rather than tapping the screen of my iPad.  But it’s not bad.  

only issue I found was on the last hole, it kicked out my two mobile friends, and I was allowed to finish.  Once that is remedied, our club will be hot on this feature.  Loved it.  Thanks for including Mac laptops, and letting us invite mobile players to the foursome.  Awesome! 

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 5:50 AM

Will the game load on High Sierra?  I attempted to run it and got an error message stating I needed to run a patch in administrator mode.  Not something I'm familiar with.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sat, Feb 22 2020 6:10 AM

Well,

If you want to run the game, I think, you have to have the latest OS. Having said that, since Apple released CATALINA, it is nothing but pain in the AZZZ.

Jeez the troubles I faced after installing this OS. I literally wanted to throw my Mac into the Ocean. Right now, bugs are getting curbed but still, I would have never installed this OS update, if I had known the troubles Forehand.

To name one issue, my battery's condition is "Replace Now" even though it is brand new n have no issues apart from being in my Mac. So.. Catalina, my love....... ;) 

:( :(  

- Varun 

• adrob2
    591 Posts
    Sun, Feb 23 2020 7:41 AM

carlosdev:
    If you want to run the game, I think, you have to have the latest OS. Having said that, since Apple released CATALINA, it is nothing but pain in the AZZZ.

Thanks, I'll just stick with flash and mobile for now then and wait awhile to update to Catalina.  Not worth the hassle.

• iKev
    366 Posts
    Fri, Mar 13 2020 10:45 AM

I’m not seeing alt shot or skins in the game modes in the Mac launcher.  However, I got an invite to play alt shot, and it worked almost perfectly. The invite came from a player using the flash version.  Our match went into extra holes, and I still got the choice to concede putts.  All of the other players were using the flash version, and none of them got the option to concede during extra holes.  

• rolssperling
    652 Posts
    Mon, Mar 23 2020 3:08 AM

I have just tried out the Mac early access. In short, I am impressed!

I feared the worst and there are still fears but I think that I will be happy to stay with WGT after flash meets its maker.

Fears to be overcome are:

Getting used to the very smooth but slightly differently timed meter

Getting used to the new and scary putting dots

Not having a reverse view camera and sometimes the mini hole view didn't appear on a couple of holes

Not being able to zoom in when opponent is shooting

The graphics are different - no worse nor better but just different

Positives

Ball tracking feature which shows you where your ball is in flight from the tee rather than waiting until it comes into view

The chat is good although my opponent's chats all came back 6 times

At full resolution the full screen is full and pretty sharp

Finally

Thanks WGT, it's not your fault that flash is going and your physics remain superb. People who complain about the physics don't seem to understand that in 99% of cases they are at fault not the machine.

• pmaxwell55
    11 Posts
    Fri, Mar 27 2020 8:20 AM

Just received the latest update to the Mac version.  A small problem that has appeared is with the Spinner screen.  The lever is not able to be pulled by my mouse.  Not a big deal but thought the programmers would want to know.

RSS