Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Desktop Early Access for Mac

Sat, Nov 25 2023 10:05 AM (290 replies)
  • DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 11:56 AM

golferguy2018:

why do people have to be sarcastic with someone when they ask a simple question. THERE IS NO DOWN LOAD ON HERE FOR I MAC ONLY I PAD AND I PHONE. UNLESS IT IS HIDING SOMEWHERE.

lol, all the guy said was its there!, you got bent all out of shape, lmao, have a good day!

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 2:50 PM

Using Macbook Pro here.  I get the same page as others have mentioned, and it's only for iPhone and tablet, not the early access version for desktop/laptop.

• Rebellion27
    27 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 3:33 PM

i solved mine, found the download with same link but using my iMac not Macbook. Really odd..... all id suggest is try a diff browser or device. Sadly, once i downloaded it.... crashes half way through load up every time anyway.... guess its a way off glitch free yet

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sun, Dec 1 2019 5:02 PM

Tried with Safari, got the same page as before with pictures of iPhone and tablet, same notice at bottom:  

"Your favorite online golf game is now available to download and play free on your iPad®, iPhone®, Android™ or Amazon Fire device."

• mkg335
    5,491 Posts
    Sat, Dec 7 2019 7:38 AM

No help available from wgt regarding this issue?

• 350fixer
    1,156 Posts
    Wed, Dec 11 2019 2:57 PM

I used the link provided in the first post, and downloaded it onto my MacBook Pro without any issues.  Opened it, and the app installed an updated Helper Tool and then updated itself to V 1.1 and ran with no issues.  Now, here's my early impression:  It looks nearly identical to the iOS version for the iPad and iPhone, but the graphics are not as crisp as either of those or the Web-based version that I prefer.  Putting is a bit different than the Mobile version, as it appears to me that the greens break more than I'm used to, and are faster than the Stimp # would have one believe.  Meter is choppy, and had a very tough time hitting the "ding".  In fact, in a +2 round on Kiawah, I hit only 6 "dings", with a 16-16 split between left and right of it.  Wind is tougher to adjust for than the Web version, and the views aren't quite the same as I'm used to either.  These are just my initial impressions, and hopefully some of the issues I saw will be resolved before we are forced to use nothing but the new app.

350Fixer

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 2:11 AM

350fixer:
    but the graphics are not as crisp as either of those or the Web-based version that I prefer.

Same for me, I followed the link Champ posted and it downloaded in a matter of minutes with no problems.

The graphics were awful, I messed around with full and minimised screen, all the resolutions available, the ball looked square on and off the tee, green grids were staggered.

• fredsf
    1,460 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 6:45 AM

birchi:

Thanks for your efforts to make the game available to Mac users!

I struggle to come up with something positive to say after giving this version a try. 

Hope the end result will differ dramatically from this early version.

P.S  I would not continue playing WGT after Flash disappears.

I second that, from what I've seen so far this version has nothing related to the one we love. It's a different game, not a different version. And this new game is definitely not good enough to give it a go as it stands.

Many opinions I hear say the same, end of flash will be end of their adventure with WGT. We all hope improvements will bring back the game very close of what we know.

• PETERGEORGE1
    572 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 8:33 AM

I been playing the new version for the past couple of months and it's just a question of getting used to it.

I go back to the flash version every so often and that now seems really old hat!

Hope this helps

PG1

• chaos1970
    317 Posts
    Thu, Dec 12 2019 9:18 AM

Download seemed quick but when I clicked on the launcher it said "ERROR access to/volumes/WGTLaunchers/ is forbidden run patcher in; "

And that's all I got so have no idea....

RSS