Re: Green Speed

rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 21 2020 9:13 AM (32 replies)
  • callaghan159
    6,220 Posts
    Tue, Dec 3 2019 2:37 AM

YankeeJim:

callaghan159:
    I don't play UEL but I am 99 % sure I played 14.5 in a weekly. There is that 1% chance I am wrong. lol

Some of the monthly unlimited 9s go to the higher speeds. I've seen them, too. 

Thanks for the confirmation

• davem58
    11 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2020 3:30 AM

I don't think you understand my point!! The green speeds in this game are not determined by the time of play, season, or when the greens were mowed. It is determined by the putting speed of each level. What is the point of punishing players with a 150' default on the fringe other than to throw off the player like a cheap gimmick?? Actually I don't think having any putting defaults is good for the game at all so just like other clubs you can choose how far you need to hit it!! In fact, I believe the green speed differential between levels is way too advantageous to the better players. If that isn't going to change then the speed of the greens should be determined by the player who creates the game. This would help lower level players to more competitive so they'll continue to play!! 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Jan 21 2020 9:13 AM

davem58:
    I believe the green speed differential between levels is way too advantageous to the better players

How so? 

davem58:
    If that isn't going to change then the speed of the greens should be determined by the player who creates the game.

They are, just boot any higher level player that joins.

RSS