rated by 0 users
Tue, Jan 21 2020 9:13 AM (32 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 6:46 AM

borntobesting:

YankeeJim:

DonCaron:
    I'm at tour legend now and wont be to long until Champion.

So? Nothing changes when you get there.

Just more competition. Tour Legend is just a short Layover to Champion. Not many players stay at Tour  Legend very long. And with Tour Champion now Champion might be the same way.

I think he's expecting a different green speed by the way he's anticipating the change.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 12:22 PM

YankeeJim:

borntobesting:

YankeeJim:

DonCaron:
    I'm at tour legend now and wont be to long until Champion.

So? Nothing changes when you get there.

Just more competition. Tour Legend is just a short Layover to Champion. Not many players stay at Tour  Legend very long. And with Tour Champion now Champion might be the same way.

I think he's expecting a different green speed by the way he's anticipating the change.

Thank You. I got the impression from other TC's that 14.5 was far worse than 14 greens.

Not that I was going to worry a lot about it, and that we deal with the changes at every level. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 4:38 PM

DonCaron:
    we deal with the changes at every level. 

Do you understand that the green speed is the same for everybody TL and above? It's 13.

The only time you see those 2 speeds -14 and 14.5- are in select weekly single play WGT events. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 5:37 PM

YankeeJim:
    The only time you see those 2 speeds -14 and 14.5- are in select weekly single play WGT events. 

Thats what I was refering to Jim. I Play the inter club 9 hole single play every week and it is 14 greens. Tour Champions get 14.5.

The only other time I have gotton them was in clashes. They were 14.5.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 7:52 PM
    Used to be true, but by the time I got to TL, the saturation point came in at 750 rounds. Some layover!
    borntobesting:
  • DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 4:12 AM

K7JBQ:
    Used to be true, but by the time I got to TL, the saturation point came in at 750 rounds. Some layover!
    borntobesting:

By the time I saturated, it was 790 RR because of the custom courses. I have gone down .47 in my average in 7 days.

Champion is 1,000 RR. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 12:13 PM

DonCaron:

Thats what I was refering to Jim. I Play the inter club 9 hole single play every week and it is 14 greens. Tour Champions get 14.5.

The only other time I have gotton them was in clashes. They were 14.5

This week's UEL single play is at SA with 14.5 greens. You can get 70-80 practice putts. Just don't accidently sink one.  ;-)

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 12:32 PM

In our country club I set the greens at 20 once in a while. It's a fun test as long as you don't use it for Bethpage back 9 - #15 is almost unplayable at 20. ;-)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 1:47 PM

Cleworthy:

In our country club I set the greens at 20 once in a while. It's a fun test as long as you don't use it for Bethpage back 9 - #15 is almost unplayable at 20. ;-)

LOL. I use that when I'm ready for the abuse. Last one was at SA-best of the best only got a 30.  :-D

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Nov 23 2019 2:49 PM

Cleworthy:

I can imagine, that is one nasty hole

RSS