Forums

Help › Forums

Re: To all Vets

Mon, Nov 11 2019 10:39 PM (7 replies)
  • renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 6:48 AM

Being one myself I want to extend a big thank you to you all, when we served we gave Uncle Sam a blank check to write up to and including our lives. Have a great and safe day. Best to you and yours.

Squirrel Nutz

• Ladychipper
    22,628 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 11:41 AM

celebrate Veterans Day

Thank you for your service and God Bless you all!

• Dave33200
    2,932 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:05 PM

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:30 PM

My sincere thanks for your service Nutzy, as well as to all who have served. My best to you & yours.

Doc :)

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:48 PM

Lest We Forget.

• YancyCan
    3,027 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 2:29 PM

As a civilian who has never served in any military duties, I am humbled by the bravery of all who have served in any capacity. A sincere "Thank You" sounds like a simple gesture, but that's all a Veteran would want.     ---- THANKS FOR YOUR SERVICE ----

My family has a history of military duty & all the men in my tree have seen combat - both voluntarily & thru the draft as well. I was bornded at Fort Ord Military Hospital/Base during the Vietnam War, as my father had his # called and showed up as asked. Gramps walked into the Navy recruiters office and asked for a pen to sign up for WW2. Etc.. et. al.

BUT - none of that makes me "military" or helps me understand what soldiers go through, both before & after seeing a tour of duty. That is why I have multiple times questioned the use of military jargon on this wgt.com & other venues - when it is used to describe a sports match. War & Battle are strong words and we should use them sparingly and resectfully for those who served in our strong & proud military forces.

Sincerely, I am Yancy

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 7:50 PM

Yes, happy Veterans day to all my brother and sister Vets.

HP  US Army 1996-2003

Image result for dd 214 alumni shirt"

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 10:39 PM

Thanks to all the others that served.

RESPECT!

As Yancy noted - let vets and active duty folks know you appreciate them when you  see/meet them.

Captain, US Army Engineers, 1972-1980

RSS