Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Distance Markers, Save Game, CC Invite Display

rated by 0 users
Fri, Nov 15 2019 9:10 AM (8 replies)
  • DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 2:22 PM

I'm doing my best to sort out the PCEA game. The playability is actually getting easier for me, so there is hope.

Playing just now I realized there is no option to display distance (yardage) markers. Reminded me how much I use them. Would like to see this option added.

When leaving a ranked round I didn't see any option to save the game so I could resume it later. Only option was to quit. This is needed, especially in single play tournaments when the real world interupts.

Finally, due to to a CC misfortune I have several invites to join a CC. However they are stacked together like tiles making them all unreadable.  I think I saw a post pointing out this sort of display error on a different page.  So it's happening multiple places.

Thank you WGT for trying, looking forward to the PCEA game's continued inprovement.

DJ7

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 2:43 PM

re: saving game

If you just close the game (PCEA or Mobile) in the middle of a round it saves it automatically and when you return to the game it will load that game and you can either continue playing it or forfeit. 
    This definitely works for Tournaments, Unlimited or Single play (see pic below)

It is the same for ranked rounds too, but not in practice mode.

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 3:48 PM

MarchieB:
    If you just close the game (PCEA or Mobile) in the middle of a round it saves it automatically

Thank you for the tip! In 4x3 full screen mode I had to hit the window key to collapse the game then close it from the task bar. But when I restarted I was given the option you showed.

Seems a bit brute force but it worked.  In the end I would like to see the option to quit and save or simply end game as it is with the old PC version. But it seems we have always been playing with user work arounds.

Thanks again,

DJ7

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 2:24 PM

Little side note. I started an 18 hole tourney in the launcher, then quit after nine holes. No way to save, so I thought it would just be forgotten. Logged into normal flash site the next day, and there it was for me to complete. So the data files work cross platform.

• WalterHagenJnr
    433 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 3:52 PM

I can accept almost all the evolutionary progress, BUT, not the putting status.

WGT, this is a game killer, and the most serious shortcoming of the new platform.
    No one from Legend upwards, who uses offset putting, can maintain averages until the ball behaves as it should. The ball does not respond to hook or slice.

Trying to ding-hole a big breaking putt on T!2 /T13 greens is a fool's game; if you miss you're in 3 putt territory. A sensible lag putt, hooking/slicing against the break, might go in, but at least leaves a tap in second.

Fixing this problem, as a priority, will see a much larger migration of high end players.
    If I can putt normally I can start playing Club tournaments and, more importantly, x-platform multi-player games with my Clubmates.

This is where our enjoyment is, and where your income is WGT, so fix it!

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 4:25 PM

JimbeauC:

Little side note. I started an 18 hole tourney in the launcher, then quit after nine holes. No way to save, so I thought it would just be forgotten. Logged into normal flash site the next day, and there it was for me to complete. So the data files work cross platform.

That is not cross platform work, it must be saved on the server, as any score or tournament you play. Flash and browser can be cleared of all data, and cookies and you will still get chance to continue your tournament when open it again

Nik

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 1:39 PM

WalterHagenJnr:
    who uses offset putting, can maintain averages until the ball behaves as it should. The ball does not respond to hook or slice.

I really don't think you'll see this change much, if at all. Off-ding putting isn't aiming anything, you're mishitting the ball. In effect you're hitting the ball off axis, try that in real life soon see why you aim for the break. 

I don't have any issue with putting being as accurate as it is with respect to hitting the ball true - People have always gone on about how 'realistic' they think the game has always played, well, putting in the PC version is far more realistic than the Flash game hands down. 

The only thing I wish they would do is tighten up the grid, if they're going to leave it the way it is, be nice if the grid was showing closer gradients. Actually having a button that allowed you to change back and forth from a tighter - looser gradient pitch would be great. 

• WalterHagenJnr
    433 Posts
    Thu, Nov 14 2019 9:38 PM

That would be like saying hooking or slicing a fairway shot is miss-hitting the ball?

I have used this putting method, as do many WGT players, and the ball behaves as it should on PC, but not the new platform. It is by far the safest method of lag putting against a major breaking green.

Ideology aside, all we ask of the new platform is for the ball and clubs to behave as they do on PC; which we have taken years to learn. Have no intention of spending the time and money re-learning a new game...

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 9:10 AM

WalterHagenJnr:
    That would be like saying hooking or slicing a fairway shot is miss-hitting the ball?

Yes, that is exactly what it is..you're just trying to control it. You can't pull or fade a ball with a whole lot of accuracy, you get used to how to hit them, but you certainly can't bank on the shot.

After hitting 1000's of them, you get to know basically where you're going to go, but not as accurately as aiming and hitting the ball true, even that doesn't always work out.. lol 

No one aims a putt by pulling or pushing irl, so that comparison is out the window. 

You don't really have to learn the whole game over, just adjust your putting. As for the two games behaving the same, that would be virtually impossible.  

RSS