Help › Forums

Re: Halloween Showdown

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 12 2019 10:20 AM (9 replies)
  • caitinho
    2 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 8:29 AM

Hi all

First post, and sorry it's a complaint.  I'm really addressing this to WGT (can't find a 'contact us' link anywhere: I'm in the final round of the Halloween showdown, doing really well (-8 after 15 holes), and click to play the last 3.  But the game can't seem to find me a partner, so after a long time of the avatars just scrolling across the screen I get a message saying that there is an error in the Showdown as the round is out of time (it still has a day to go!!).

I then get taken back to the leaderboard to find that I'm now deemed to have completed all 18 holes, and I've been bogeyed for all 3 so sit at -5, considerably lower on the leaderboard. 

Does anyone know how do I let WGT know about this, and whether they're likely to do anything?

cheers

caitinho

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 11:09 AM

Right at the bottom of this page there is a “contact” link. That will give you the customer support info. 
    best guess as to the showdown is you’re “SOL”. You might get WGT to refund you your original showdown buy in, but ???? 

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 11:48 AM

Sorry to hear what happened to you, caitinho.

What I cannot understand is the fact that WGT keeps on hosting these showdown events without fixing this kind of bugs.

I disqualified for the final round due to a bug in the previous event and requested for a refund of the entry fee but never got any feedback from the company. This was the reason why I opted to stay away from the event this time and voilà... another victim unfortunately. :-(

This is very irresponsible from the part of WGT IMO.

• caitinho
    2 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 2:47 AM

thank both of you for the replies.  Marchie: I did send them an email and, like Simon, had no reply.

Simon: I completely agree, they tend not to bother about the bugs (or, for that matter, customer service!).  It's annoying because the Showdown actually cost credits to enter.  Ok, it was only 10, but that's not the point.  The credits cost money (or time), and so do decent balls.  If they are going to monetise the competitions, then I think that they have a duty to properly administrate them so that people are not screwed over.  I finished 25th, so got a little bit of a prize, but had I been able to do the last 3 holes with just one birdie I would have made it to the top 10, where the prizes are bigger (including at least one more ball).

I remember similar issues when they did head to heads for money, which they eventually got rid of.  It's a great game when it works, and I've been playing it a long time, but these things make you want to quit.  That's a real shame.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 6:52 AM

How many different levels are there in Showdown?

exe: It has me as a Rookie

• el3n1
    4,494 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 7:08 AM

Woodoworkery:

I believe the following is snapshot... the key is knowing you can select which level you start in... the "divisions" are basically tabs you can touch to change which level you select.  I too played the Rookie last time because it was not clear to myself and others.

Rookie 10 credit entry, played in Paris (100 coin),  ball prize was L47 TM

Veteran  100 credit entry, played in Casablanca (10k coin), ball prize was L40 Titleist

Expert  1000 credit entry, played in Montreal (100k coin), ball prize was L87 Titleist

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 7:27 AM

Thank you, el3n1. Will have to look for those tabs next time

• MarchieB
    1,525 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 7:38 AM

Woodoworkery:

exe: It has me as a Rookie 

Woodoworkery the name of the 3 different levels in the Showdown, Rookie, Veteran and Expert are kind of a little misleading as they have nothing to do with the players skill level. The main difference between the 3 levels is the amount of credits required to “buy in” to qualify and the amount of coins you wager on each 3hole match in the showdown. 
    Im sure that the expert level group had a lot of Champion/Tour Champion players but the other two levels had players of all skill levels too.
    It really comes down to what you were willing to spend in credits/coins.   

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,497 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 10:15 AM

caitinho:

thank both of you for the replies.  Marchie: I did send them an email and, like Simon, had no reply.

Simon: I completely agree, they tend not to bother about the bugs (or, for that matter, customer service!).  It's annoying because the Showdown actually cost credits to enter.  Ok, it was only 10, but that's not the point.  The credits cost money (or time), and so do decent balls.  If they are going to monetise the competitions, then I think that they have a duty to properly administrate them so that people are not screwed over.  I finished 25th, so got a little bit of a prize, but had I been able to do the last 3 holes with just one birdie I would have made it to the top 10, where the prizes are bigger (including at least one more ball).

I remember similar issues when they did head to heads for money, which they eventually got rid of.  It's a great game when it works, and I've been playing it a long time, but these things make you want to quit.  That's a real shame.

Totally! I hear ya.

In my case, it was 1,000 credits I paid for the entry fee.

As you mentioned, it's a real shame. What else can be said...

• flatstick96
    208 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 10:20 AM

caitinho:

Hi all

First post, and sorry it's a complaint.  I'm really addressing this to WGT (can't find a 'contact us' link anywhere: I'm in the final round of the Halloween showdown, doing really well (-8 after 15 holes), and click to play the last 3.  But the game can't seem to find me a partner, so after a long time of the avatars just scrolling across the screen I get a message saying that there is an error in the Showdown as the round is out of time (it still has a day to go!!).

I then get taken back to the leaderboard to find that I'm now deemed to have completed all 18 holes, and I've been bogeyed for all 3 so sit at -5, considerably lower on the leaderboard. 

Does anyone know how do I let WGT know about this, and whether they're likely to do anything?

cheers

caitinho

This exact same thing happened to me, except it was during the second round.  The 3 auto-bogeys at the end caused me to finish in 51st place, missing the final round by one spot.  Best guess, based on the other players in my pool, I was going to finish top 5 easily, if not win my group outright - so WGT's glitch cost me a lot of credits.  I messaged WGT and they refunded my entry fee.  Small consolation, but it's better than nothing.

EDIT: Here's *how* I contacted WGT: In the mobile game app, tap on the settings icon (looks like a cogwheel) in the bottom right corner of the screen.  From there tap on "faq", then tap on "HELP/FEEDBACK".  Then just fill out the form and submit.

RSS