• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 5:02 AM

never forgotten....................

• WillieSinkit
    1,738 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 5:07 AM

Very many thanks folks.

I'll be standing on our village green next Monday morning at 11:00am to remember all those who gave more than I did.

As a 70 year old UK Veteran, I saw some very difficult situations both at home and abroad, but at least I came back.

We will remember them.

Willie

• Chris1973M
    1,832 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 8:22 AM

Thoughts and thanks to all that have served for the better of the world,,, thoughts go out to the family's that have loved one's serving,,, they sacrifice lost time with family so that we can have our freedoms. Both my granddads and many uncles served and also my dad,, dont remember dad being around much so mom had to play both rolls for a bit.. but very proud to have family that has served. Happy Veterans Day, Armistice Day all  and dont forget to go to Denny's they serve freebies to those Vets.. :)

• gonfission
    2,229 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 9:33 AM

To my sons...

For all my Brothers & Sisters that stepped up, and were laid down...

My endearing thanks to those worldwide, that have lived in constant quiet vigil, ALONE!

Freedom is NOT FREE.  I, like many others, fight for freedom, not just for America, but for those oppressed around the globe. It will continue until my death

The fight NEVER ends for those that have answered the call. A VERY personal choice, as diverse as the entire armed forces of the planet

I fear not the day of my death, (Been there, done that) I do however fear the day that people become so complacent in their own lives, that they forget, WE ARE ALL STEWARDS OF EACH OTHER

PLEASE, reach out to a homeless Veteran. Do what ever you can, money is the LAST thing they are looking for.

Give them the acceptance they so truly deserve. Respect the sacrifice they made for YOU! NO FOOKING EXCUSES!!

GODSPEED

This hangs above my bed, as if I ever needed a reminder....

Image result for ronald reagan on freedom

This is the full quote from a very forward thinking man...

Image result for ronald reagan on freedom

I would end with this, Literally

There is nothing wrong with your volume, be patient

---------------------<*{{{{{-(

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 9:55 PM

gonfission:

My endearing thanks to those worldwide, that have lived in constant quiet vigil, ALONE!

Freedom is NOT FREE.  I, like many others, fight for freedom, not just for America, but for those oppressed around the globe. It will continue until my death

The fight NEVER ends for those that have answered the call. A VERY personal choice, as diverse as the entire armed forces of the planet

I fear not the day of my death, (Been there, done that) I do however fear the day that people become so complacent in their own lives, that they forget, WE ARE ALL STEWARDS OF EACH OTHER

PLEASE, reach out to a homeless Veteran. Do what ever you can, money is the LAST thing they are looking for.

Give them the acceptance they so truly deserve. Respect the sacrifice they made for YOU! NO FOOKING EXCUSES!!

GODSPEED

Awesome post - I agree 100%.

I can only speak from my US perspective, but there was little choice about serving when I volunteered (the Vietnam War and the draft were going full on then).  I would not change my choice.  I was much more fortunate than many then, and many, many more that served before.

Thanks to all that serve now and that served before.  We owe those our freedom.  Regardless of how one feels about how things are going in the US, we have the right to disagree without being disagreeable - in no small part due to these veterans.  As noted above - give them the honor and respect they deserve because:  

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a blank check made payable to "The United States of America," for an amount of "up to and including THEIR LIFE."

Author unknown.

• dhjam1
    577 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 11:00 PM

• jlhoelscher
    9,912 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 10:01 PM

On the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918 the guns fell silent. This was the end of World War I. This was "the great war, the war to end all wars". Since then we had World war II, The Korean War (my father was in this one) The Vietnam War and many others. I sincerely wish to thank all who have defended freedom all over the world. Without your sacrifice we would not be able to enjoy such wonderful lives. Thank you so very much for your service.

Jeff

Image result for thank you veterans gif

• PAGES
RSS