Forums

Help › Forums

Re: drop was wrong

Tue, Nov 12 2019 10:53 PM (9 replies)
  • MartinuZ
    35 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 9:16 AM

i hit the water and wgt "gamers" want me to play from Tee again????

• adaputter
    1,954 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 2:46 PM

is this hole on kia?

a par 3?

16th? or 17th?

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 8:05 PM

MartinuZ:

As noted - location would help.

On some holes, that would be the proper choice - others not.

I know there are some worse places WGT has picked for drop zones!!

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 10:18 PM

MartinuZ:

A valid option according to the rules if the shot was made from the tee.

One principle of the game is NOT to give the players any options - WGT choses for us.

As mentioned above, there are a few bad or irregular "drops" in the game. The worst IMHO is if you hit the lake on KIA #17 from Legend tees.

The only conciliation is that they apply to all players uniformly.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Sun, Nov 10 2019 1:35 PM

Or the 18th at Congressional, from the rough over the pond!

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Mon, Nov 11 2019 1:51 PM

That's still a decent (short) wedge shot. We learn it in two or three tries ;)

• MartinuZ
    35 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 8:20 AM

it was at Wolf Creek Hole 8 and we was 2 who hit the water. The other player get a drop beside my ball. And i have too walk up to tee.

MartinuZ

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 11:08 AM

MartinuZ:

it was at Wolf Creek Hole 8 and we was 2 who hit the water. The other player get a drop beside my ball. And i have too walk up to tee.

MartinuZ

There is water on three sides of the green - did you both go in the same place or one in the front and the other elsewhere?

It is apparent that WGT has different drop zones there (as you found) so maybe your location put you on the tee.  THe boundaries in the hazards are unknown.

BTW - I just go ahead and rent a cart at WC - can't take all that up and down!

• WalterHagenJnr
    433 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 12:57 PM

In stroke and match play add the option of green speed.

Hi tier players find it difficult to get social multi player games because it forces T13 green speed.

This should not be difficult because the range of options is already available in practice rounds.
    Simply apply the same options for ranked rounds.

The only difference between options for ranked or unranked rounds should be the 'mulligan'...

• MartinuZ
    35 Posts
    Tue, Nov 12 2019 10:53 PM

DoctorLarry:

MartinuZ:

MartinuZ

There is water on three sides of the green - did you both go in the same place or one in the front and the other elsewhere?

It is apparent that WGT has different drop zones there (as you found) so maybe your location put you on the tee.  THe boundaries in the hazards are unknown.

BTW - I just go ahead and rent a cart at WC - can't take all that up and down!

We layed with about 1 yard from each other...Nevermind  DL . WGT has the right too program this game as the want  and we who play here and irl golf have too stand back.

MartinuZ

RSS