skip nav

Forums

Re: Should I forfeit ?

rated by 0 users
Thu, Nov 7 2019 4:44 PM by flatstick96. 2 replies.
  • Connorjwebb123 United Kingdom
    20 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 11:07 AM
    Many times in the coin rooms either I am placed with a high tiered player or a lower tiered player, I find quite a lot if I end up playing a tour legend or higher they forfeit, I don’t get why to be honest, I would love the challenge, I guess maybe they see it as unfair, but should I forfeit in let’s say the Monaco room when I’m playing an amateur with starters clubs, I don’t want to because off all the coins on the line but I feel bad for them because of the difference between clubs and experience levels, is there some sort of etiquette? Thanks. Connorjwebb123
  • SlickHunter United States
    823 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 2:35 PM

Connorjwebb123:
    Many times in the coin rooms either I am placed with a high tiered player or a lower tiered player, I find quite a lot if I end up playing a tour legend or higher they forfeit, I don’t get why to be honest, I would love the challenge, I guess maybe they see it as unfair, but should I forfeit in let’s say the Monaco room when I’m playing an amateur with starters clubs, I don’t want to because off all the coins on the line but I feel bad for them because of the difference between clubs and experience levels, is there some sort of etiquette? Thanks. Connorjwebb123

I would not worry about other players, forfeit or not, all the same. Etiquette is overrated in this game, just play and enjoy. 

• flatstick96 United States
    168 Posts
    Thu, Nov 7 2019 4:44 PM

When I'm matched against a much less experienced opponent, I start the match like normal. If they're a good sport, despite being outmatched, I generally forfeit at the end, since they need the coins more than I do.  Also, if they are friendly, engage via chat, and are asking questions about equipment, balls, leveling up, etc. I'll sometimes gift them a sleeve or even a club to help them along in their development.  Paying it forward, so to speak.  Just one man's approach to it.  :-)

RSS