Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Club tournaments on 'pay to play' courses

Sat, Jan 18 2020 10:16 AM (5 replies)
  • phipster
    4,427 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 4:50 AM

How about enabling club tournaments to be created on the pay to play courses like Cabo and Whistler? In my club that would mean at least 20 players paying to play on a regular basis and so create an extra income stream for WGT...

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 5:26 PM

phipster:

How about enabling club tournaments to be created on the pay to play courses like Cabo and Whistler? In my club that would mean at least 20 players paying to play on a regular basis and so create an extra income stream for WGT...

I agree - and I think this or similar questions have been asked before.

We already have CC tournaments with a CR entry fee!

• GBP1705
    2,607 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 4:28 AM

I agree also why can't they include Alt and m/p for players willing to pay the fee ?

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Nov 6 2019 5:08 AM

DoctorLarry:

phipster:

I agree - and I think this or similar questions have been asked before.

We already have CC tournaments with a CR entry fee!

Yes it has been requested many many times without WGT saying anything. I am assuming that Tru Golf wont allow it.,WGT doesn't actually own those 2 courses and don't get the greens fees from them, They go to Tru Golf. 

At one time WGT used Cabo and Whistler in ready gos and Cabo And Whistler holes in the best of courses. Then about 2 years ago without any explanation they stopped using Cabo and whistler in ready gos and made 3 new best of courses with no holes from Cabo or Whistler. Sounds very much like Tru Golf saying use our courses like we want not like you want. And i am assuming they get a portion of the premium membership because of the free green fees. 

• cussinjack
    89 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 7:47 AM

I have asked why we can't buy and gift passes....but if WGT can't profit ... why bother

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Sat, Jan 18 2020 10:16 AM

RSS