Re: Pc players changing to mobile

Wed, Nov 20 2019 7:22 AM (39 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,262 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 12:37 PM
    TopShelf2010:

DonCaron:

Yiannis1970:

I still have to hear 1 (just one...) PC desktop player who says that the new version is better than the old one, or they are changing to mobile version.

I don't think anyone is going to say the app is better. Its not and never will be.

Just for the sake of argument, let's try this and this is directed towards long term PC players...

Imagine, if you will, when you signed up to WGT you played the MOBILE version, not the flash version. All you ever played was the MOBILE version... year after year learning all of its little quirks. Without tooting one's own horn, you became pretty good at the MOBILE version.

All of a sudden, something happened that caused WGT to need an alternative to the MOBILE version as the MOBILE version was going to cease to exist.

WGT releases the Flash version as an alternative to the MOBILE version. You sign in and begin to play. You first response would be something like "WTF is this garbage." None of your calculations were working. Putting was pathetic. And so on and so forth.

Bottom line is WGT has given us a glimpse of the future. And if PC players do not like it, they have a little less than a year to adjust to the new game or simply find something else to occupy their spare time.

Don

Disagree 100%. It's not a question of ''i am get used'' this version or the other. It's the simple fact that flash version is way better. Avatars, ball flight, ball shape, green dot speed, wind indicator, size of the useful information, scale of the images (in terms of aspect ratio of the original photos), size of the meter and mechanics of the stroke...just to mention a few. Has nothing to do with what you are posting.
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 3:24 PM

I have played mobile for as long as I can remember tho I think I had tried on my pc at the beginning . It’s a fact of life that people don’t like changes , they have become used to one thing are happy with it and can’t see the reason behind the change. 

Who knows from wgt point of view if the changes allow us to play across devices we will then be playing a whole new set of people , a good thing in my view. Furthermore perhaps they can then concentrate on improving the one forum , mobile , and adapt some of the better parts of flash into the new format. 

But I don’t believe anybody can pick up either format quickly it will take time , you have a year to pick it up , and try and trust it isn’t all for nothing. 

I now encounter champion players in Chelsea coin room who says particularly the putting is harder on mobile , but it will get easier the more you do it . Putting is never easy for me , so I have to make sure my approach iron shots leave me close enough to the hole for tap ins ! Lol

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Tue, Nov 5 2019 11:20 PM

I look at it in this kind of comparison. The flash based pc version was a fairly precise game with a lot of realistic golf feel to it. The App based version to me anyways feels like a cartoon game. The precision is not there and who knows maybe they can improve on that. I just dont know if they can get is to where the flash based game is now. The realistic feel and precision just arent there. Bit of an exaggeration but i would say for the current pc player its like going to play Golf Clash on mobile after what we have been accustomed to.

I must say i was hoping by now someone else would come out with a realistic feeling online golf game but we just have not seen that. Guess we will see what happens, but for the most part i think a lot of the original pc players may drop out of the game.

• PeterPerfection
    97 Posts
    Sun, Nov 17 2019 11:27 PM

With all due respect. Look up WGT GOLF MOBILE on YouTube. Look for the video on the Misery course and tell me that's not as tough and as playable as anything Flash delivers.

Cheers, 

Dave aka PeterPerfection. 

• BOZskills
    388 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 5:09 PM

@Dave,+1 mate!!!!

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Mon, Nov 18 2019 5:59 PM

I'll tell that the real thing that bothers me about the new app, is the Gimmicks.

I don't want or need apparel quirks and have no need for Coins or HTH or any of that.

I want to play golf and that takes away from this game.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2019 10:13 AM

PeterPerfection:

With all due respect. Look up WGT GOLF MOBILE on YouTube. Look for the video on the Misery course and tell me that's not as tough and as playable as anything Flash delivers.

Cheers, 

Dave aka PeterPerfection. 

yep, just watched it, so it’s basically a ‘best of’ mash up, or a custom course.

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2019 2:40 PM

bossbird:

I now encounter champion players in Chelsea coin room who says particularly the putting is harder on mobile , but it will get easier the more you do it . Putting is never easy for me , so I have to make sure my approach iron shots leave me close enough to the hole for tap ins ! Lol

i find putting really hard on mobile mainly because you cant see green properly as where it tells you whether putt is up or down it takes over far too much of screen and when you move aim half the green disappears 

• AndyJames123
    77 Posts
    Tue, Nov 19 2019 2:40 PM

bossbird:

i find putting really hard on mobile mainly because you cant see green properly as where it tells you whether putt is up or down it takes over far too much of screen and when you move aim half the green disappears 

• Pego1986
    124 Posts
    Wed, Nov 20 2019 7:22 AM

fatdan:

The old game had a bug once due to an update...

When you took a shot, the ball was there, the club was there, but the Avatar was there about 40% of the time if at all, most shots it was not even visible...

The "real" players of this game, with inferior clubs, MUCH inferior clubs, no clothing, to make anything do more than it did, and I gather we had p!ss poor graphics from what I have read, played and didn't miss a beat...AND still shot in the 50's.....

WHO gives a cr@p about avatars, or clarity of the graphics, the result is the "only" thing that is important!

AND with the newer clubs, balls, and lack of VEM, this game plays much MUCH easier than it used to today! LOL

The new game is like something I would see at a carnival booth from what I have seen....

Amen ! You said that well !

RSS