Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Public shaming

Mon, Nov 4 2019 12:01 AM (19 replies)
  • PAGES
  • DonaldKey8798
    6,714 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 3:39 AM

Fortunately the good people far outweigh the bad on here.......................

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 6:05 AM

SMOKEshack0:

I just got done with a round of Casablanca coin room, H2H, mobile.

I played against a similarly matched opponent. 1st shot, 2nd hole of round I get a chat notification.  I check it and am being sworn at for "maybe" going too slow for his/her liking?? idk but he/she is speaking partial jibberish as well.

I reply with a simple lol. This dude/chic goes on to throw in the full racist sexual remark. 

I'm not sure why though?? I reply that I've screenshotted his/her comment and reporter him/her to WGT. he/she replies I guess pleading that a word was not an insult yet the rest clearly was??

He/she starts sandbagging the shots so I tell him/her that it is likely their account will be deleted for the racist threat and they will also be banned for life.

I have the screenshots. I hope this player is removed. This is a video game on a phone lol... threats from a player with a stacked bag is beyond acceptable. 

You did right. Don't let them get under your skin, thats what they want

• Mythanatos
    2,203 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 8:05 AM

The good news is the better you get at coin games and play for more coins the less you will see abusive players.

Tokyo/Manhattan are both almost always fine. 

And I don't remember the last time anyone was abusive in Bellagio.

There are 3-4 people in Bellagio  that whine every time if they are losing about the game being unfair or inconsistent.

But that's not really the same thing.

• rl2203
    744 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 5:27 AM

Nancy1959:

You handled it well, Smoke.  There are some toxic people playing this game and all of us who have been around for awhile have run into some of them.

Thanks for your response, ShamWow.  It's nice to know that the WGT leadership doesn't put up with behavior like this and will act accordingly when necessary with a suspension, and if there continue to be offenses, will ultimately disable their account.

~Nancy

can agree more - greetings from Roland

• SMOKEshack0
    41 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 6:22 AM

Thanks for the replies friends, all good advice and great words to hear. I agree with not giving this topic too much time as was said but in the heat of the moment, ya wanna tell the world about the jackasses! but its over and we move on,,

and you are correct Don,

"Play the course, not the opponent!"

*sidenote...

cant stand the Titleist balls but love me some Callaway ERC softs, L34 d4 m3.5 

• MCalderon402
    348 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 9:51 AM

Mythanatos:

The good news is the better you get at coin games and play for more coins the less you will see abusive players.

Tokyo/Manhattan are both almost always fine. 

And I don't remember the last time anyone was abusive in Bellagio.

There are 3-4 people in Bellagio  that whine every time if they are losing about the game being unfair or inconsistent.

But that's not really the same thing.

LOL and we know who most of them are so as their name pops up we go "here we go again" or "what's WGT to blame for in this game today" 

i was going to tell him the same. Same that happens a lot in lower end coin rooms. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Oct 31 2019 3:42 PM

middbrew:
    In my opinion there's no room for racial, sexual, gender, or age discrimination in this game.

I agree with this of course, although I would widen it out to everywhere, not just in this game. 

• terryntx
    56 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 5:21 PM

then close ur chat window or take up bowling................

• GoingLow9
    2 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 6:14 PM

This game has way more people that enjoy and respect each other than not. BUT, there always is that person...

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Nov 4 2019 12:01 AM

Sadly , I report almost weekly abusive language , I receive the standard reply from WGT. Even with screen shots. There have been at lease two occasions when I know the person has already been reported for same action as I now post on the wall of the club owner they belong to , and see similar comments already there and saying they have reported to WGT, and yet abusive player is still playing . Time that WGT started actually deleting these players. 

• PAGES
RSS