Re: Legend golfer with 76 avg, why?

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 23 2019 3:41 PM (23 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 4:21 PM

callaghan159:
    I don't punch, chip or flop. Wonder if I should practice these

OMG, do so. By way of an example, your CG64W and your ball will stop dead at 51 yards with a full back spin punch. It's stupid easy to map and acccurate as all get out. The chip with that same club goes 7 yards but that's more of a finesse shot from particular places. 

Your 80W is even sicker with a punch. It goes 68 and doesn't need spin, a nice fit between the 60 and 80 on full shots. Then add the 84 yard punch with the 100W and you can see how tight your coverage gets. All 3 wedges are easy to learn the punch with, I highly recommend trying.  :-)

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 10:43 PM

This!

Add the flop shot: With decent clubs + ball + full backspin, it stops dead at the nominal length.

• Qasim501
    152 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:54 AM

Join the club, you are not alone. I didn't even get a response

• MarchieB
    1,524 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 3:41 PM

Practice, practice, practice! Even with the best clubs and balls available they're not really much good without putting in the time to practice and develop the skill to use them. I'm not saying that you are or aren't already doing that but just stating the obvious that it takes time and effort to become very good. I'm sure that the players at the higher levels who have very low score averages will attest to the fact that they have put in the work and time to get there.

RSS