Forums

Help › Forums

20% off Putter weekend

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 30 2019 7:48 PM (3 replies)
  • k5ntonsm1th
    34 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2019 1:35 PM

Just curious as to why the higher level putters are not included in this offer. Im sure there are plenty of players L85 or above that would take up this offer. I would have been tempted with the L98 Scotty but no such luck :-( 

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 7:22 AM

Think you had a lucky escape , I just bought this putter following the free rental weekend and the one I bought plays nothing like the one i rented , and now I have a rubbish putter and 4500 cr out of pocket . Don’t understand how once purchased it can play so differently

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Oct 28 2019 8:05 AM

bossbird:
    Don’t understand how once purchased it can play so differently

it has been theorized I believe that equipment is tied into your playing profile....

when new equipment is tested it isn't officially part of your playing profile so it isn't really effected by the VEM or extra variance you may see during a round... or … the helping VEM is turned up so you like the item you are testing and as such proceed to purchase it...

once you purchase it... your playing profile kicks in... your new putter then adopts a VEM factor more reflective of your current level of play... hence you notice a difference.   

at least that is what I have read in part and how I have tried to understand this observation that is shared by those who test new equipment that seems to play great then changes suddenly after being purchased. 

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 7:48 PM

bossbird:

Think you had a lucky escape , I just bought this putter following the free rental weekend and the one I bought plays nothing like the one i rented , and now I have a rubbish putter and 4500 cr out of pocket . Don’t understand how once purchased it can play so differently

I have the L98 putter and it works just fine.  It has the exact characteristics of the previous L98 Sabretooth.

Did you try it out in practice mode?  That might be the difference.

RSS