Help › Forums

Re: Turf wars

rated by 0 users
Sat, Nov 9 2019 12:11 AM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 4:28 AM

Lucky star, thank you for your explanation , I don’t always see the post that tells of the numbers of awards an opponent has compared to us but I have seen a couple and they were way higher than us. Anyway in an attempt to move on , I won’t be posting any more about this issue as we obviously all see this differently. 
    the one thing no one has actually mentioned , which I have noticed these last few turf wars is that some high level clubs actually have more pc players and don’t actually play in the turf wars.  

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 4:33 AM

Don't get me wrong, matching clubs is " suppost" to be by trophy count,  but you have been long enough to know, it is WGT land,  lol. Everything here is just basically the luck of the draw.   

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 10:22 AM

bossbird:
    but would do better with draws that are a little more evenly matched . You haven’t grasped my issue at all . We like being small , we do buy passes in abundance when we have a chance of competing , I never said we didn’t buy passes , only that I won’t buy them when the draws are so uneven. 

I noticed in a later post you mentioned you would be letting this topic go... but here is something you may not be considering...

despite being small... your level of TW activity... and high turn over rate in playing TW's suggest or shows the activity level of a much higher TW club...   maybe that is why are you also matching up more against other heavy TW clubs... it is your activity level and your willingness to buy passes that creates the impression in the math or numbers when WGT is assigning matchups for you... regardless of how big or small each club is... it is your playing behavior that is generating the matchups.

maybe... you are unknowingly causing your own frustration by being so active despite being so small because it suggest a much higher activity level.  hence your matchups... would make sense to me… 

• TopShelf2010
    10,879 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 11:04 AM

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 11:29 AM

Yes actually that makes sense to me too , but I don’t know how we can earn our super passes without going he’ll for leather in the ones we feel we have a chance to win. We work out pretty quickly which ones not to even play in !! I suppose we could opt out of all tw and clashes for a month and see what happens , don’t think we will be missed especially if I also stop writing in these forums ! 

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Fri, Nov 8 2019 5:20 PM

Hope this gets to you, boss.  Be aware that now with the new changes, pc players can play coin games, which means that turf wars, we'll it's a whole new ball game.   Clubs that have played with x amount of players, may now be doubling the amount of people playing, that hadn't participated in the past.  Everything will now be up for grabs.  

• bossbird
    2,192 Posts
    Sat, Nov 9 2019 12:11 AM

Thank you lucky , I was aware of this , I think the knock on effect for small clubs will like

y change our participation in both tw and clash , we just won’t be able to compete , and will have to find alternatives. 
    we already play the free tournaments and both myself and my director play many tanked rounds , life changes for us all , . Snooker is the next game to turn to I think !!  

• PAGES
RSS