Forums

Help › Forums

Re: help 4 strange calc.prob

Fri, Oct 18 2019 5:07 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Fri, Oct 11 2019 10:11 PM

Or you could just copy and print out my sheet which is based upon info 'stolen' from Jo and other good players, then added to by myself after much research and practice to ensure its accuracy. Personally, I have a print-out on the wall next to my monitor but I have seen others who have the sheet, and/or similar, on-screen during gameplay. Personal preference I guess.

• Oliv8r
    31 Posts
    Sat, Oct 12 2019 2:55 AM

Alright. Thanks again to everyone!

I found that punch-chart and started to practice. Kind of tricky, I guess different apparel and balls give changes to those percentages. To me right now its always a bit less than he suggested.

Downhill makes it hard for me at the moment, but in general those punches gave me some nice chip-in birdies already. Anyway, I found something new to work on. Keep on rocking, friends.

• Oliv8r
    31 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 11:28 PM

yeah that sounds good, would make sense. gracias amigo!

• Oliv8r
    31 Posts
    Sun, Oct 13 2019 11:32 PM

thank you! I found an equal list on youtube, that WalkOfLife guy posted it there. But having it here makes it easier ;) By now I have had a bunch of punches and in most cases it feels like true magic - sometimes not at all and it goes all wrong, but as I said, here I have found something to work on. I will compare your list with the other one during the next weeks. Thanks again, its a good community here!

• DarkJedi81
    5 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 5:07 PM

I use the following formula, it has worked well for numerous clubs and shot types that I've tried it with. Charting the clubs and shot types first is recommended. It's accurate with a club power between 50% and 100%.

I use it with full, punch and flop shots. It semi-works with pitch until the green/spin take over, doesn't work well with chip shots.

Formula:

(((clubdistance - shotdistance)/4)+shotdistance)/clubdistance=percentage of clubdistance to hit.

Subtract your estimated shot distance from your clubs max distance, take the result and divide by 4, take the result and add to your shot distance, then take that result and divide by your clubs max distance. This will give you the percentage to hit the club for.

Examples:

90 yard shot with a 100 wedge.

(((100-90)/4)+90)/100=.925, or 92.5%

45 yard distance, with a 60 wedge.

(((60-45)/4)+45)/60=.8125 or 81.25%

30 yard shot with a 60 wedge.

(((60-30)/4)+30)/60=.625 or 62.5%

• PAGES
RSS