Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Fall Showdown: THEIR Forfeit Affects MY Score?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Dec 18 2020 2:00 PM (58 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 9:52 AM

Hi. 

I apologize for the issues you have encountered in our Fall Showdown. 

We are readying updates to fix the issue, but the fix will require a downtime which could have created bigger issues when resuming the showdown after our downtime, not to mention the number of disconnected games and impact to players both in the Showdown and not. 

I'm sorry for the trouble. 

_CHAMPION 

• el3n1
    4,491 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 10:58 AM

Ranger0200:
    Are people asking to get coins refunded?

Nope... I believe each level Rookie (10), Veteran (500), Expert (1000) had a one time entry fee to play in the event... you then had to use those "silver coins" for each of the required matches within that level to complete your rounds. 

1000 credits is rather high, but given the glitches or flaws observed, had I paid 1000 credits I would have wanted a refund as well.  Especially when it significantly alters your score and placement in the standings.  

• rorys1fan
    54 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 10:59 AM

Thanks WGTChampion

I''d just like to update on my story. As I said, I had contacted support. Although I said I had screenshots to back my claim, they did not ask for any of it. Instead, I got a very polite reply saying this should not have happened, and my entry fee was credited 

Although I'm disappointed that I could not move on to claim a bigger prize, this was probably the best I could expect under the circumstances.

So thanks WGTChamp and the WGT team for owning up to the problem and working towards a fix. I liked the format and will give it another try when it comes back.

• Ranger0200
    1,748 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 11:07 AM

Thanks for your reply eL. I couldn’t find it in the rules and had forgotten about that from the start of the event. I would want 1000 credits back if I had those issues. 

Good luck to everyone sorting this out.  

• Buck19551
    348 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 11:12 AM

Same issue

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 11:59 AM

WGTChampion:

Hi. 

I apologize for the issues you have encountered in our Fall Showdown. 

We are readying updates to fix the issue, but the fix will require a downtime which could have created bigger issues when resuming the showdown after our downtime, not to mention the number of disconnected games and impact to players both in the Showdown and not. 

I'm sorry for the trouble. 

_CHAMPION 

Hi Champ,

Finally! First, thanks for the reply and it's alright. Shite happens.

What is over is over so let it be and move on. IMO, it would be simply enough to refund the entry fees to those who got affected by the bug.

Fix the issue during your next regular update right before the Clashes. No need to rush. I mean, take your time so that when you fix it, fix it right.

Simon

• Noordwesth
    50 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 12:00 PM

I finished second but I got nothing in reward except the 6 balls. No credits or apparel boxes or anything else 

• dmjenks
    390 Posts
    Sun, May 10 2020 9:41 PM

hat you want - I just played the last showdown - had a player forfeit, and was "rewarded" with 3 bogeys.  Thanks for nothing.

• Dbocho
    245 Posts
    Fri, Dec 18 2020 2:00 PM

Same problem still exists - happened to me when opponent forfeited three showdowns in a row now - pathetic

RSS