Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Hacks Playing Match Play

Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:52 PM (2 replies)
  • TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:35 AM

In the last few weeks, it seems that everytime I try to join a group or set up a group for match play, I am joined by a Hack with a 150 average.  I think that the WGT should not allow match play by anyone who has not at least progressed to the amateur level.  It is not always the players fault, they don't realize that the match play doesn't count to lowering their score but the WGT would be doing these players a favor by not letting them in the match play and making them play stroke play instead.  I realize that I can cancel them out but I think it should be done for their benefit.

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 11:51 AM

TarheelsRule:
    I realize that I can cancel them out but I think it should be done for their benefit.

Who are we to decide what's in their benefit?

As you said, you may cancel out or kick someone yourself, so why do we need to limit a whole group of people from having fun when we can simply click a button?

• TarheelsRule
    5,462 Posts
    Thu, Nov 5 2009 1:52 PM

Well my opinion is that they need to play before they dive into match play.  They cant improve their score or rank by match play and I still believe that until they advance to at least amateur they shouldn't play match play.

RSS