rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 30 2019 2:47 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 1:14 AM

YankeeJim:

Th0maz700:
    Do you hit from the tee when you measure them, or do you hit from the fairway as i have?

Always from the fairway initially-rough comes later. BPB4 is a better place to gauge those wedges, the green is flat and big. Take 2 shots to get to the back side of the green and then you have 8 shots to play with. Use practice mode and you get mulligans. This is where you learn pitches, chips and flops.

p.s., Do yourself a favor now, it'll pay big dividends later. Trade your HB for a third wedge.  ;-)

And maybe even your 3 wood for a fourth wedge, 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 10:49 AM

Th0maz700:

Thanx, that was cool advice, already found extra wedge with nice range between my other wedges......

You are so set to go with those wedges. Using 4 at your stage of the game-basically all the way up to Tour Master-is a great move. That 3W isn't really necessary yet and going with 4 wedges gives you great coverage.

I did the same thing on the way up and the dividends show up as your short game takes off.  :-)

• MGB01
    1,469 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 11:50 AM

one thing to remember....pitching to an uphill elevevation green will putt more roll on the ball and the spin you put on will not be as effective.....

• Th0maz700
    482 Posts
    Wed, Oct 30 2019 2:47 PM

actually i have 5 wedges now and no woods...pw and 4 others that covers 90, 75, 60 and 50y.    o i guess i will have to learn the punch with driver if a green is further away than 220y on a pair 3 hole

• PAGES
RSS