Forums

Help › Forums

Re: How to access main WGT Forum

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 18 2019 8:25 PM (9 replies)
  • DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sat, Oct 5 2019 10:50 PM

I'm holding back testing the new PC access version but more seriously poking about the mobile app. I really have trouble playing on the small screen but trying to learn how to navigate and find the set-up options and such.

I found how to get to my CC forum but I'm lost looking for the main forum. I'm posting this from the Chrome mobile browser.

How do I get to the main forum directly from the app? I'm using Android.

DJ7

• alosso
    21,032 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 1:09 AM

DufferJohn7:
    How do I get to the main forum directly from the app? I'm using Android.
    No way, apparently.

DufferJohn7:
    I'm posting this from the Chrome mobile browser.
    This is the workaround.

As a general information, you may call www.wgt.com in Chrome, avoid the lure to go to the app to play, "log in" instead from the top menu and proceed to the forum and other menu items. Any Flash application won't work, understandably.

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Sun, Oct 6 2019 1:35 AM

Thank you for confirming what I feared. I stayed logged in on the mobile browser just to access forums and check tournament leaderboards. Use the app for credit vids and now explore to get ready to try the new PC access. With all the different types of comments I'm holding back for a while as my PC setup is pretty good and stable. I'm afraid I'll mess it up.

Trying to keep the faith!

John

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2019 5:12 PM

I'm not a mobile player but help those in my CC.

DufferJohn7:
    I'm lost looking for the main forum
    Go to any spot (CC forum works) where you can input a URL and type 

http://www.wgt.com/forums/

You'll be there. 

Another interesting thing is that mobile players CAN use PMs. They just can't initiate them. If someone sends you a PM, you can view it/them by typing 

https://www.wgt.com/user/conversations/default.aspx

as the URL. You'll be able to view and reply to any that are there. 

Why WGT doesn't just give you a button for these is beyond me. I even sent a suggestion to CS about it. 

• 633kiki
    142 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2019 8:52 AM

Here's a workaround. In the app go to account (gear icon lowr right corner). Select Help upper right corner. That gets u into ur browser. Bottom of page is a link to the main page. Hope that works for u. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2019 9:16 AM

Another workaround is to post a link to the main forum in your CC forum.

• kipdog87
    2,046 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2019 11:30 AM

Hi John,

I have had both set up for 5 years, but up till a few weeks ago i have been a Pc player, unless i have been away. As i know that the wgt world is changing i have got the mobile version set up on my Pc, i do play a quick game or two just so i got an idea both versions work fine.

Mick

• BOZskills
    392 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2019 3:02 PM

Hey John, here is the way to do it within the app........ When the home page comes up,tap on the settings icon at the bottom right of the screen. Then tap on faq in the column on the left, then at the top of the next screen tap help/feedback. Next scroll to the bottom of the next page where it says FULL SITE, after that you will see the promised land in the headings at the top of the page. Hope this helps,and gets to you in time since im still on moderation(lol). G L

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 10:52 AM

YankeeJim:

Another workaround is to post a link to the main forum in your CC forum.

Thats a good idea Jim. I'll post it on the message board and they can see it in the app

• DufferJohn7
    3,563 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 8:25 PM

Thank you everyone for your ideas and work arounds. Since there is no straight forward button to tap or a direct link provided by WGT I wonder if this main forum will even exist after the transition from flash to the new PC version.

DJ7

RSS