Forums

Help › Forums

Re: veteran & higher level player feedback section

Wed, Nov 13 2019 3:28 PM (146 replies)
  • fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 4:33 PM

One of the main things is not choice it's 45 seconds and the green speed is not shown until you reach the green. I played a TL today in a club 3 hole stroke game and we were on 7.4 greens. You do not have a clue what the green speed is until one of the players reach the green. The approach shot responds differently on green speed when hitting a shot to the green

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 4:44 AM

AgentBrown123:

Would like to see a little more response on the things us pc players really care about which is how the game plays, the ding size, the forgiveness on iron shots, woods and drivers... Number 1 being the dot speed on greens.

I'm worried that the priority is to get the mobile game play to work and the actual game play doesn't match. Think that will be a problem.

Here, here!

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 5:52 AM

Lots of good comment and info here. It's always interesting to see how soon any forum discussion degrades into back and forth name calling.

As a country club owner I am unsure of WGT's intentions for the tablet functionality vs the browser. Will all the country club browser functions still be available after Flash dies? There are some differences that I have observed. The Chat function in the tablet version is confusing to me. Is this supposed to take the place of the Club Messages? It doesn't seem to have the same function to me. Also, I don't find the ability to send emails to all members in the tablet version. When you click on the club forum in the tablet version, it just takes you to the browser page. Is this the long term intention?

I have noticed that besides all the game play issues mentioned before here, all my WGT apparel that I spent many $$ on is gone in the tablet version. This is pretty intolerable.

Somehow tablet players and browser players (I would call them "purists") need to be able to coexist. Hopefully WGT will listen to the players that supported this game in its early days. Browser players need the game play they have come to enjoy. We need our apparel. We need all of our cc functions. Most of us purists are probably NOT interested in game play that includes hats that add yards to clubs, etc, etc. Tablet players like their game with all it's bells and whistles. Fine. Just please WGT save the game as we know it for us purists.

• TuckerPrestonJr
    1,380 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 6:48 AM

There is a lack of dignity in the presentation of the mobile game.  The aesthetic is juvenile. It's like I'm playing a kid's game rather than a proper e-sport of WGT/digital golf.

If we look like a cartoon and a kid's game, that's how it will be seen.    Imagine us on Golf Channel.   That needs to be the goal.

But the avatars, the avatar faces are less human and much anime in style, the gimmicks, the coins, coin room, the shirt that makes you hit farther or what have you

We need an e-sports feel on the new PC standalone.

• Cleworthy
    3,466 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 8:15 AM

TuckerPrestonJr:
    There is a lack of dignity in the presentation of the mobile game.  The aesthetic is juvenile. It's like I'm playing a kid's game rather than a proper e-sport of WGT/digital golf.

+1

• AgentBrown123
    907 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 12:05 PM

YankeeJim:

MGB01:
    my no 1 concern is dot speed.......it is way off....you need to relearn how to read break from the flash version..

I agree although I don't think the dots are necessarily way off. My impression is that the dots are slower but the breaks are proportionately slower, too. 

Just wondering how you came to this conclusion Jim? If you watched that video I posted here, it clearly shows on 2 occasions the dots being just plain inaccurate although I will concede that some of the putts were just half the speed of the flash greens, and in this case it is learnable. But there is definitely an issue with greens pertaining to larger breaking putts.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Oct 24 2019 5:20 AM

AgentBrown123:
    Just wondering how you came to this conclusion Jim?

Nothing empirical, just an impression. I put 1/10th of the effort into understanding that you do.  ;-)

• born2glf19
    97 Posts
    Tue, Oct 29 2019 7:56 AM

this is bad I been on here since the it started and if this is the best they can do I will be out of here. I cant believe in 2020 they cant do better then this. 

• Young46
    1,292 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 7:36 PM

Some good suggestions made during my stream tonight ... I am sure many have been repeated in this thread but still:

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4

SUGGESTED CHANGES TO NEW WGT VERSION

·         More accurate dot speeds (dots seem to be 2x slower than flash version)

·         Slower meter

·         Ball needs to be proportionate

·         Wind meter too small

·         Grids too large

·         UI not friendly

·         Larger meter (height wise)

·         Avatar too large … doesn’t flow with course environment (looks transposed)

·         Aim with mini-map (see distances on mini-map)

·         Visibility of ball on approaches

·         Replace pin after hitting

·         More camera options

·         Option to turn off heartbeat

·         Restart button for unlimited play

·         Reduce forgiveness (more skill!)

·         Putting aim box too large

·         Able to move aim box without moving grid on green

·         Option to reset dots on green like old PC version

·         Ding line larger

·         Able to set clock (away from standard 45s)

·         Add credit rooms (similar to coin rooms)

• Tim14121989
    88 Posts
    Sat, Nov 2 2019 7:38 PM

Absolutely.

A lot will need to happen for me to play this version! It's very bad in its current state.

RSS