Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 6:55 PM

Tonight when I played the Casablanca Room I had the graphic "Head to Head" in large letters in the upper left on top of the hole and wind information.  I had no idea what the wind was doing.  I asked an opponent if he had the same problem and he said "no"  What is up with that?

When I tried to send a message to support it would not go and I got an error message saying my browser had to have JavaScript to send the message.  I tried 3 browsers and the message never went.  I guess none of them have Java Script.  IS THIS SOMETHING NEW?

Even more weird--I then played a solo tournament and I STILL HAD THE HEAD TO HEAD GRAPHIC IN THE SAME PLACE.

SUGGESTIONS?

• TerryN1013
    109 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 7:15 PM

I dug into my browsers.  They all say that Java Script is allowed.  So why is WGT not recognizing that?  Seems I have no way of contacting WGT Support.

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sat, Jul 11 2020 7:19 PM

TerryN1013:
    Seems I have no way of contacting WGT Support.

Terry, check "Contact" below at the bottom of this website or simply click HERE.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 6:33 AM

TerryN1013:

I dug into my browsers.  They all say that Java Script is allowed.  So why is WGT not recognizing that?  Seems I have no way of contacting WGT Support.

I believe that inspect element(RT Click) is Java Script in the right hand box

This using Opera. I don't mess with Java, Basic and C++is enough for me

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 7:09 AM

Don't get Java and Javascript confused. They are different things.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 7:18 AM

ScottHope:

Don't get Java and Javascript confused. They are different things.

Thanks Scott.

I thought if you had the script, you would have java. I guess not

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 8:25 AM

When I decided to try and learn some Javascript, one of the first things I was told was that the two are different.

I have not looked into Java at all, but apparently it is a compiled language, whereas Javascript, as its names alludes to, is a scripted language.

If you want to know any more than that you'll have to Google it as I've run out of grey matter, lol. ; )

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sun, Jul 12 2020 8:37 AM

ScottHope:

When I decided to try and learn some Javascript, one of the first things I was told was that the two are different.

I have not looked into Java at all, but apparently it is a compiled language, whereas Javascript, as its names alludes to, is a scripted language.

If you want to know any more than that you'll have to Google it as I've run out of grey matter, lol. ; )

I had downloaded Oracle at one time and I decided against it.

I have used basic since 1989 and was trying to learn C++ at the time. So I said no go.

• Blixt13
    31 Posts
    Fri, Jul 17 2020 4:16 AM

I have downloaded the game for windows on my 15" screen laptop.  However, the game screen is too large for my 15 inch screen and I can't find a way to reduce the screen size in order to access the game.....

Can anybody help me ?

RSS