Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • hughstime
    44 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 8:11 AM

if i install the early pc edition. will I be able to go back to flash version 

• pcastleberg
    1,429 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 8:23 AM

hughstime:

if i install the early pc edition. will I be able to go back to flash version 

Yes you can run either.  I have still opened/played the Flash version and I have the PCEA version installed as well and play that regularly. 

• ScottHope
    10,085 Posts
    Tue, Jul 7 2020 9:01 AM

pcastleberg:
    Worked perfectly thanks Scotty!

Good to hear that pcastleberg, thank you.  ; )

• derjohvan
    1,135 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 6:02 AM

To long a post to look back. Just started playing this a couple weeks ago. 2 things I think would help is 1. in multiplayer, put the chat on the game page, not a bubble you have to hit to see what was typed. 2. put a button for the shot pal on the game page, instead of having to go back to options to get & dismiss.

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 7:58 AM

derjohvan:

To long a post to look back. Just started playing this a couple weeks ago. 2 things I think would help is 1. in multiplayer, put the chat on the game page, not a bubble you have to hit to see what was typed. 2. put a button for the shot pal on the game page, instead of having to go back to options to get & dismiss.

Interesting thoughts, and thanks for sharing them.

Personally I want the game screen as uncluttered as possible, so I want to be able to close the chat screen when I don't need to use it. On that basis I don't find clicking the bubble to open and close the chat window too onerous.

Similarly I don't ever use ShotPal and PutterPal so I would prefer not to have buttons like that taking up real estate on my screen.

That's just my perpective though, and I'm sure there are thousands of others.

Nigel.

• ElDystoped
    49 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 11:10 AM

Ditto to above post, we dont need more crap on the screen. Chat is fine where it is, don't need to see the kids yellin cheater every game, I ignore most chats. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Jul 8 2020 2:34 PM

pdb1:

Although I cannot disagree that it would add clutter to the screen . I would still be in favor of the chat being visible .

For me . Interaction is still a big part of my having a GR8 WGT experience . Chatting during a game . Makes it a full game for me .

I find chat to be perfectly accessible as it is. It's basically the same in PCEA as in flash in that you can clearly see when someone has added a chat message without it needing to be open the whole time. It's no harder to open or close it in either version being just one click, the only real difference being that in PCEA it covers the whole damned screen when it's open.

RSS