Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • WTR55
    25 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 5:32 AM

I reported this user and the abuse. Here is WGTs answer.

"

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE

WGT Member Services (WGT)

Apr 3, 6:39 PM CDT

Hey WIlliam,

I am sorry to hear that you encountered inappropriate behavior. We hold our players to a high standard detailed in our posting guidelines which can be found here:

http://www.wgt.com/guidelines.aspx

Your first and best response is to Block the other player. This prevents them from accessing your profile, sending you messages, posting on your wall, or sending you invites. To Block another player, please input their name via your account profile here: https://www.wgt.com/user/blocking.aspx.

Any time a player is reported to us we thoroughly investigate the player. If the behavior took place in a public place like a forum post as a comment on your wall, do not delete the comment before taking a screenshot or sending us a link to the forum post or allowing us to view your profile page.

Please take screenshots of their behavior and send them to us as any additional evidence of their behavior is extremely helpful in our investigation. Please note that due to privacy concerns we cannot discuss the results of our investigation.

If you are unsure how to take a screenshot, the website I linked below will give you a short tutorial on how to take a screenshot on your device.

http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/

If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will be glad to help.

Sincerely,

WGT Member Services"  end quote

It kinda made it seem like we were self moderating. Of course, you'll never know if this was resolved as the answer indicates " we cannot discuss the results of our investigation.". So, just treat this crap like a two year old managed to find their parents PC and just started banging keys.. Its seems thats a good IQ analogy.

Stay Safe, Stay Apart!

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,496 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 6:31 AM

It's the same automated reply message you get over and over whenever you report a player.

Isn't it about time to change that message or at least vary it, WGT?

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 8:24 AM

WTR55:
    I reported this user and the abuse. Here is WGTs answer.

Take a couple screenshots of his messages and send them to WGT as a reply to the form letter they sent you.  I know... it would be a lot easier for them to just click on the link to the message you reported... but either they won't do it or they're too stupid to figure out how.  They will respond better to your reply than to your original report.

• RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Sat, Apr 4 2020 1:21 PM

Amatri77, Potty finger.  Wash that potty finger with soap.

• maoriand1
    1,279 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 10:42 AM

well..it s 1 month i play only in the new version and i find it very good. there is still something to add like the distance on the minimap.. some camera on some reverse shot.. an example is hole15 bethpage from the bunker under the pin.. it needs the reverse view in alternate games... and of course fix the bug when an alternate is starting: if i get an invite from a flash player everytime the game starts i am kicked out from the game.  the size of the windows, it would be great if i can get the size i want and not only 3 resolution. i play in a 27 inch monitor and play full screen it s not a good idea.. but the max resolution under the full screen is too little.  anyway i m sure u will do everything before the launch.. 

my question is:  what will happen after the launch... this flash version will be close? because it has no sense let players take part in the same tournaments playing by the NV in steam , and a flash broswer version super hackable by players.  this is the main problem in wgt today. u are running a broswer game hackable version in flash.. u don t have any anti cheating system programm running under the client. .. everyone can use cheat and u can t do nothing.. that s the real.  

so if you will totally stop this flash version after the launch of the new version is ok.. if u don t do it we have a big problem here 

i wait a reply thank you. 

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 11:14 AM

hey folks.. anyone know what resolution the PC version is supposed to be running at?  To this day I still cannot get it to run on my Alienware with 4 screens.  I've reached out to support at least 10 -12 times since the 9-19 release of beta and there is absolutely NO response from them aside from 1 email response I received asking for all my machine specs which I provided immediately.

I'm thinking this is a resolution issue but need to know what resolution this game is set to run at.

• ScottHope
    10,086 Posts
    Mon, Apr 6 2020 2:27 PM

Within the game I have a choice of four resolutions...

• 1024x768
    • 1360x768
    • 1366x768
    • 1920x1080

But I think when you fire up the game for the first time, it is in fullscreen mode. All you can see in this mode is the game window with black behind that. Nothing else is accessible unless you force collapse the game window by pressing the Windows key or alt + tab etc.

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 5:26 AM

ScottHope:

Within the game I have a choice of four resolutions...

• 1024x768
    • 1360x768
    • 1366x768
    • 1920x1080

But I think when you fire up the game for the first time, it is in fullscreen mode. All you can see in this mode is the game window with black behind that. Nothing else is accessible unless you force collapse the game window by pressing the Windows key or alt + tab etc.

Thanks ScottHope.  What happens here is the game launches with the small window where you click play

Once play is clicked, the screen goes black, can hear wgt music but nothing else ever appears.  So i'm not sure if it has something to do with the 4 screens, the resolution of those screens (I've adjusted them all, all the way down to 640x480 in steps), or the video card not being supported by wgt

• TWEDLAKE
    174 Posts
    Tue, Apr 7 2020 5:52 AM

figured it out for those that might be in the same boat.

multiple screens require the use of a docking station or multiple USB dongles, etc.  I use a docking station specific to this Alienware machine.

I unplugged dock, restarted computer, launched game, it launched fine, I set resolution to 1920 x 1080.  closed game, restarted computer and plugged dock back in during restart.. game launches fine now.

RSS