Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Welcome to WGT Early Access!

Thu, Dec 14 2023 8:58 PM (1,414 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 11:12 AM

Tony08888:

Where are the moderators?

For the longest time my posts and replies had to be reviewed before they were published.

This guy needs his post/reply privileges monitored before publishing.

Unless I’m missing something, there are ladies on here.

I agree he should be moderated and probably will be now.

The "ladies" comment though....intended to be chivalrous maybe but possibly a bit misplaced in this day and age.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 1:03 PM

Wutpa:

The "ladies" comment though....intended to be chivalrous maybe but possibly a bit misplaced in this day and age.

Is wasn’t meant to be a chivalrous statement. Chivalry has been dead since the 18th century.

It’s about calling a foul on a man’s words/actions. I wouldn’t allow anyone (man or woman) to speak that way around my mother, my wife, my sister or my daughter?

Some of the ladies on here are mothers, some are sisters, some are wives, and all are daughters. Chivalry has nothing to do with it. Decency does.

Lets be decent with each other and think about who reads these forums. 

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 1:17 PM

Tony08888:

Wutpa:

Is wasn’t meant to be a chivalrous statement. Chivalry has been dead since the 18th century.

It’s about calling a foul on a man’s words/actions. I wouldn’t allow anyone (man or woman) to speak that way around my mother, my wife, my sister or my daughter?

Some of the ladies on here are mothers, some are sisters, some are wives, and all are daughters. Chivalry has nothing to do with it. Decency does.

WGT Champion said about 1 1/2 weeks ago that they are working from home. 

That makes sense in California being in lockdown.  

• SamSpayed
    4,874 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 1:39 PM

DonCaron:
    WGT Champion said about 1 1/2 weeks ago that they are working from home. 

Working from home is no excuse for allowing posts with foul language.  Mods, do your job, please.

• borntobesting
    9,605 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 3:42 PM

Tony08888:

Where are the moderators?

For the longest time my posts and replies had to be reviewed before they were published.

This guy needs his post/reply privileges monitored before publishing.

Unless I’m missing something, there are ladies on here.

Just Ladies? There are also children on here. 13 is the age allowed to join. 

I filed 2 abuse reports on him for different abuses. One in which he didn't even try to mask the f word. 

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 4:25 PM

Tony08888:

Wutpa:

Point taken.

My point however is that if his behaviour was incorrect (which it certainly was) then it was incorrect for everyone, regardless of gender or age. 

As you rightly said: 

Tony08888:

All ages and genders read the forum, and none should have to read uncontrolled nonsense like that garbage that he posted.

Peace and respect. I'm right behind you with that.

• callaghan159
    6,214 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 4:33 PM

Tony08888:

I've heard women say a lot worse things than that. Some sound like drunken sailors, but I do agree his comments are totally uncalled for.

• twinponds169
    3,004 Posts
    Wed, Apr 1 2020 8:04 PM

pdb1:
    Probably everyone of us has thought of posting that same or similar reaction . More than once .

NEVER !!

Okay, maybe just once. Or twice. Or a couple two tree times.

But only against a player who received a lifetime 99.9% moderation.

RSS