Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 9:28 AM

ScottHope:

Hello, I did do a 'side by side' comparison of the flash and PCEA games recently, not for the picture quality but for the meter length. Anyway, as far as I can tell, the picture quality looks pretty much the same in both and, just for the record, my PC is 14 years old and my monitor is 12 years old...

That is good comparison Scott only if everybody is willing to play 1024x768 resolution

If you put it nears some 16x9 footage it looks like a different game..with stretched meter

Nik

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 9:29 AM

This is my Mac Retina Display.
    The Graphics are not as amazing as Scott's or others but at the same time it is better in my flash. If you look closely in the image, there are some kind of glittery thing going on with some momentum.

Oooo and my Lauren goes to GYM everyday lol :D lol 

• woogster
    174 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 9:39 AM

Hey guys, I have a member that has a mac, he is trying to download the new version and has asked me to help him, but I am not familiar with mac's. Is there anybody on here that could get ahold of him to walk him through it. If so please let me know and I will sent you his contact info.

Thanks.

steve.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 9:43 AM

Your pics are fine Carl, don't do yourself an injustice, that's our job, hehe.
    ; )

I'm with you on the 'glittery' thing. My avatars head has some graphical glitching going on at times, but I guess we're still in beta mode.

I will add one more thing in response to alreno's post about the quality. If you are talking about the difference of the quality of the avatar between the flash and PCEA games, then I thoroughly agree with you, there is a big difference. I'm not saying that the representation of a human being is spot on in PCEA, because I would hope that no one in real life like looks like that, lol, but the sharpness of the avatar image is a lot higher.

The course images look the same as the flash game, as I previously stated, and I would expect them to really, as I am 99% certain they are the same images as used in the flash game.

• KILLER52
    749 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 9:56 AM

lol

woogster:

Hey guys, I have a member that has a mac, he is trying to download the new version and has asked me to help him, but I am not familiar with mac's. Is there anybody on here that could get ahold of him to walk him through it. If so please let me know and I will sent you his contact info.

Thanks.

steve.

Me too!   Mac + High Sierra + Chrome = Diddly squat.  lol

- Frigid in Wisconsin.  Brrrr

• salamicus
    1,016 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 11:00 AM

Here is flash game compared to PCea 16x9... Clearly some portion of sky is missing and compared to surrounding objects in images, PCea avatar is some sort of viking..Nearly 2,50 meter tall :)

• alreno
    22 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 2:03 PM

First of all the above shot on both versions looks fine or really good.  It's on the greens is where you notice that the newer version is far superior.  On the greens the dots and lines look pixelated and on the newer version they are much tighter.  Also, when you putt on the older flash version the roll is choppy and the hole looks strange.  On the newer version the rolls is smooth like real golf.  It's on the greens with putting where I notice the biggest difference in the 2 versions.  Putting - the most important part of the game.  Not sure how you posted the pics - it doesn't give me the option to post pics in the replies or I would.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 3:20 PM

alreno:
    Not sure how you posted the pics - it doesn't give me the option to post pics in the replies or I would.

You have to upload them to a hosting site first alreno, imgur is one, then use the direct link to post them in the forum using the insert media button on the messages toolbar.

• alreno
    22 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 8:21 PM

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Feb 28 2020 5:28 AM

Sure doesn't look like the mobile version of the green is "far superior" than the PC one. Other way around.

RSS