Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Wed, Feb 26 2020 5:43 PM

alreno:
    The newer version looks incredibly realistic instead of computerized like that old PC version.  It was crap.  The mobile version now coming to pc always looked 100 times better.  Almost like real golf.  The courses look absolutely real now instead of pixelated like the old version you're referring too. 

I'd only ever played the PC flash version before the PCEA version came out, but I have no idea where you get that impression from and I completely disagree. I don't know what computer you were using to play on such that you only saw some "crap" "pixellated" version of the game, but I'm willing to bet you'll have players here lining up around the block to tell you that's nonsense.

• alreno
    22 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 12:31 AM

If you want screen shots of both versions side by side I can get them for you.  Night and day difference.  Flash is old technology and old looking screen.  Do you understand what pixelated computer looking means?  As opposed to something that looks like a digital photograph of the golf course?  Like I said night and day difference.  I own a brand new gaming computer - top of the line with a 27 inch monitor and the difference is astounding.  You pc players are use to that flash crap screen.  I would think you would welcome something that is far superior for realism and looking like the actual golf course.  Here's my secondary email alreno76@gmail.com if you'd like me to send you the side by side comparison screen shots.  The old flash version versus the new version and I'll also include a shot from a tablet.  Btw tablet screens are far far superior to computer monitors for clarity and sharpness.  You must have your settings wrong or you're using an older computer with a less than stellar monitor - but maybe not.  If it's fairly new - your settings are off, because if they are set correctly the difference is monumental.  

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 2:26 AM

Hello, I did do a 'side by side' comparison of the flash and PCEA games recently, not for the picture quality but for the meter length. Anyway, as far as I can tell, the picture quality looks pretty much the same in both and, just for the record, my PC is 14 years old and my monitor is 12 years old...

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 2:39 AM

ScottHope:

Hello, I did do a 'side by side' comparison of the flash and PCEA games recently, not for the picture quality but for the meter length. Anyway, as far as I can tell, the picture quality looks pretty much the same in both and, just for the record, my PC is 14 years old and my monitor is 12 years old...

To start with...
    Look at the size of those 2 avatars and definitely EA is from Ben-Hur. lol

• giraldin
    3,712 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 2:40 AM

Yesterday I was about to do the same, make a capture on both platforms in the same hole. Thanks for the information Scott

Luis

• ScottHope
    10,092 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 3:24 AM

carlosdev:
    Look at the size of those 2 avatars and definitely EA is from Ben-Hur. lol

Hehe, they do say that black is a slimming colour Carl, but I didn't think it worked that well.  ; )

giraldin:
    Thanks for the information Scott. Luis

You're welcome Luis, thank you.  ; )

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 4:38 AM

• Wutpa
    4,803 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 6:40 AM

alreno:
    Do you understand what pixelated computer looking means? 

Yes I do thanks, otherwise i wouldn't have responded.

alreno:
    You pc players are use to that flash crap screen.

Oh, I see. "You pc players" is it? I should have guessed. 

alreno:
    Here's my secondary email xxx@gxxx.com if you'd like me to send you the side by side comparison screen shots.  The old flash version versus the new version and I'll also include a shot from a tablet.

No thanks, obviously. Scott already shared his comparison below (thanks Scott) and that mirrors my own experience.

alreno:
    You must have your settings wrong or you're using an older computer with a less than stellar monitor - but maybe not.  If it's fairly new - your settings are off, because if they are set correctly the difference is monumental

If the difference is so "monumental" then maybe you are the one who has had incorrect settings.

• ampass
    260 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 7:58 AM

Its like in real golf if you look back to the older days players were much smaller then now the younger players now, looks more like a real person not like munchkins hitting balls

• thestevster
    546 Posts
    Thu, Feb 27 2020 9:12 AM

ScottHope:

i agree scott no diff in the background the avatar is more sharper in the pc mobile version

i got a gaming pc and a hd monitor looks the same as scott's picks..

cheers steve

RSS