Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • AlanP79
    8 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 11:19 AM

Try this.....

[01] Reset your display settings and refresh rate all back to the default settings. In other words, back to the original display settings when you first bought the Laptop, and that should be labeled (Recommended).

[02] Download an fresh copy of the software and delete the old copy.

[03] Uninstall the WGT Launcher from Windows Control Panel only. DO NOT delete anything else in regards to WGT software.

[04] Reboot.

[05] Reinstall the WGT Launcher using the new fresh downloaded copy.

[06] Reboot.

[07] Launch the WGT Launcher and allow it to stabilize, then close it and reopen it again to make sure that it automatically updates its self.

[08] Click on the Gear >> Video Label >> and note the "Resolution" Panel.

[09] Clicking inside or on the "Resolution" Panel will step you through each available resolution with each successive click. CHOOSE your desired resolution: 1024x768 (default), 1360x768, 1366x768, 1920x1080.

[10] Make sure the "Fullscreen" Panel to the right of the "Resolution" Panel is displaying "ON", if not, then click inside or on the "Fullscreen" Panel to display "ON".

[11] Click on the "< options" Label in upper left screen and your settings will automatically be saved returning you to the Home Screen.

[NOTE] "Input not supported" = Windows System Message informing user that there is an video setting conflict. (the processor and the video card are in conflict)

[NOTE] Now the Task Bar disappears and the only current way out of the WGT Launcher without closing it is to hit the Windows Button on the keyboard. This all happens because the WGT Launcher in running in DOS Mode, now called DOS Window. YES, DOS is very much alive in Windows, DOS = Disk Operating System.

God Bless,

-Dneirf

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I tried your suggestions and it seemed to work ok on my laptop. I could see the normal game client with all the options available. 

Only problem I have is a grey flickering bar on my screen, which I can only put down as a graphic card problem...(Intel R HD 4000).

I have an Acer 19 inch monitor connected which I use as my main display, so when I switch display from laptop to monitor, my screen resolution goes awry and game client is enlarged. Tried various resolutions on my monitor but without success.

I have the latest graphic driver installed, but I'm guessing that is the problem. I could probably play on my laptop screen, but not ideal for me...(eyesight not what it used to be....lol)

I live in hope that WGT may have some changes before the final version is released, so until then, I'll continue on PC version.

I'd like to thank you both, Dneirf and Scott for taking the time and effort in your posts and for your help in this matter. It has helped me a lot to understand a bit more than I did.

Many thanks again,

Regards....Alan 

• Dneirf
    418 Posts
    Sun, Jan 26 2020 8:08 PM

AlanP79:
    ~snip~ Only problem I have is a grey flickering bar on my screen, which I can only put down as a graphic card problem...(Intel R HD 4000). ~snip~

There are two (2) things you can try as I do not have physical access to the computer.

[01] Navigate to Device Manager >> Locate Graphic Card >> Uninstall Driver >> Reboot and allow Windows to install the Driver >> Navigate to Device Manager >> Locate Graphic Card >> Click Update Driver and choose "Search automatically for updated driver software". Repeat until Windows displays "the best driver is installed" >> Reboot.

[02] Remove the Graphic Card and with light steel wool gently brush all of the electronic contacts. Then wipe clean with soft cloth.

[03] Reinsert the Graphic Card with slightly more than moderate force, not hard, but do not be afraid to jam it into the slots.

[04] Remove with moderate force and reinsert with moderate force three (3) times. The object here is for all of the electronic contacts both in the bay and on the card to establish an Clean and Solid Contact with each other.

Good Luck and God Bless,

-Dneirf

• AlanP79
    8 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 11:10 AM

I did the graphic card uninstall and reinstall and the best driver was installed. I don't feel confident enough to remove graphic card in case I damage it.

If it was a dektop PC I might have, but not laptop. Many thanks again....

Regards..........Alan

• Roderickjan
    119 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 11:37 AM

And again same problem but now i know whats happening. (or think to know ;-) ).

I was playing WK5 CTTH Challenge  everything was ok but after i had restart several times,2 times i think ,  again could not scroll proper , with mousewheel , between clubs , skipped some clubs.

Then i had a shot where i needed the 150 club.

WGT showed me the 165 club so i tried to change that with mousewheel , couldnot get the 150 club so i choose the 150 club whit my mouse pointer "manually".

Then it showed my 150 club in the screen. But when my shot game it acted as if it was a 165 club  so much to far , costed me happily no ball this time.

Rody

• Roderickjan
    119 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 11:42 AM

I you play Pebble Beach single practise  you will see that at the first hole there is no MINI MAP.

At the second hole the mini map is there.

Te mouse scrolling between clubs didn't work properly also.

Rody

• SamSpayed
    4,901 Posts
    Mon, Jan 27 2020 12:16 PM

Dneirf:
    Remove the Graphic Card and with light steel wool gently brush all of the electronic contacts. Then wipe clean with soft cloth.

The Intel HD 4000 is an integrated graphics card.  It cannot be removed.

Since hardware and driver issues are outside the scope of this thread, I respectfully suggest you continue that discussion via PM and not here.

• Roderickjan
    119 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 3:57 AM

I was playing Kiawah practice and after my drive i pushed the mulligan  "button" then you can choose between "Cancel" or "Mulligan".

"Cancel" doesn't work.

Rody 

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 9:29 AM

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 10:34 AM

Roderickjan:
    I you play Pebble Beach single practise  you will see that at the first hole there is no MINI MAP. At the second hole the mini map is there.

The mini-map does appear if you set the swing controls to the right side, but yes, still needs fixing.

Roderickjan:
    Te mouse scrolling between clubs didn't work properly also.

This has been an issue for months now. But it doesn't occur for me unless I change the (in-game) resolution setting or switch in or out of fullscreen mode, in which case it adds one to how many clubs it jumps.

• Meltyke
    498 Posts
    Tue, Jan 28 2020 11:57 AM

Problem above still showing Tuesday afternoon.
    I have not played it much, so apologies if this repeats others, but why is the wind indicator so small? Why not as big as in the normal game, so older players like me can actually see it clearly.

Thanks for a great game overall.

RSS