Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 3:35 AM

ScottHope:

SamSpayed:
    I found a fix for mine yesterday by modifying a Windows Registry value (using regedit):
    Nice job Sam. That figure looks like it might be linked to the number of different resolutions we have in the game, used to be 5 (0 - 4) now only 4 (0 - 3). Guess the update that came through recently didn't work correctly for some.

First off--thank you to both you Scott and you also Sam.I tried changing the value(originally set at 1 on my comp.)

I set to 0 the screen size,it did go down 1 setting( if i remember the different sizes from before the update?).

However it did not change the jumbled together video options screen for me. Luckly i had set these options to my liking before the update,and they seem to be ok.I just can't change them now.

Since this is in a devoloping mode,and the problem happened after a WGT update,I will leave this up to WGT to figure out.---Hope you see this WGTChampion.

It doesn't effect Flash version--i can wait and give WGT time to figure it out.

Again ty both for your help

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 3:44 AM

JB, there are at least five keys with the word 'screen' in that location, make absolutely sure that you change the one that Sam said. I changed mine to 4, and my video options screen went just like Sams picture, changed it to anything between 0 and 3 and it went back to normal.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 5:03 AM

ScottHope:

SamSpayed:
    I found a fix for mine yesterday by modifying a Windows Registry value (using regedit):

Nice job Sam. That figure looks like it might be linked to the number of different resolutions we have in the game, used to be 5 (0 - 4) now only 4 (0 - 3). Guess the update that came through recently didn't work correctly for some.

If your video options page is messed up but you don't fancy editing the registry, there is an easier less scary way. Open Notepad and put this in it ...

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WGT\WGT Golf]
    "screen.customResolution_h3691086298"=dword:0

... then save it. The important thing is to make a note of where you save it, and to save it with a .reg extension. For example ...

golf.reg

... now go to where the file is saved and double click it to run it. You will get a couple of security/warning pop-ups, okay those, and you're done.

When you run the game it should open at it's smallest resolution (1024 x 768) and the video options should be usable. Thanks to Sam for the fix.

Sam, I have changed the key value from 3 to 0 because the numbers actually refer to the resolutions in the video options, and as 3 is the largest resolution, that might be too big for some people screens.

Mine was set on two. Its small but the meter is smaller and easier to ding

• JaRTennBogey
    73 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 5:13 AM

ScottHope:

JB, there are at least five keys with the word 'screen' in that location, make absolutely sure that you change the one that Sam said. I changed mine to 4, and my video options screen went just like Sams picture, changed it to anything between 0 and 3 and it went back to normal.

BINGO!---We have a winner! You were spot on Sam!

Give that man a cigar!

TY again Scott and Sam

• ScottHope
    10,012 Posts
    Wed, Nov 13 2019 5:30 AM

Good to hear that JB. 

Kudos to Sam and a healthy dose of Percy Verance, lol.  ; )

• TeoRex
    10 Posts
    Fri, Nov 15 2019 2:46 PM

Have you some plans to add this game to STEAM?

I'm using LinuxOS, so it may be tricky to run off-browser version for Windows... Steam has own launcher for windows games on linux and it's pretty useful mostly.

Like to play on PC more than on tablets, and there is no uneven in mobile apps.(

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Thu, Nov 21 2019 5:21 AM
    MartyFlanagan:

MartyFlanagan:

Can one of the moderators confirm if uneven lies will be in new version of WGT?

Any news on uneven lies being introduced?

any chance of a comment on this Champ? it would be nice to know if i will be still playing this game when the PC version comes out, all i play is uneven lies
  • callant
    77 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 4:36 PM

for pc to play good many things are to small and can not play the game as before can notplay 4 bal or alt game can not invite 4 player of your choise to play and 45 sec is crap  60 sec time much better in this way i stop playing have to change a lot

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 8:43 PM

1. Occupies whole screen. Not resize-able or movable if you happen to use more than one screen. There's this program called Windows....

2. Not the PC version as promised (or maybe as reassured by WGTChampion "don't worry, PC will outlive flash). Rather the mobile version playable on a PC using a loose interpretation of playable. 

3. No Alt, Match play, skins, UEL etc. Just goofy coins, TWs, the apparel nightmare and let's not forget - turkey hats. 

4. 45 second shot clock. It's not the NBA. Some players actually look at a shot before they take it. 

5. Mobile chat is crap to me. Maybe because I'm not used to it, but with 45 secs to have to jump around to make a shot and compliment the other player is a bit goofy. 

6. Second timeout your out. LOL

Most of those are just mobile criticisms. So maybe not pertinent until you only provide mobile. 

That's the short list. If I were going to play mobile I would have switched a while back. 

Gonna miss the original since it appears there has been no effort to preserve any of it. But hey, we now have Turkey hats. Keep up the lackadaisical work. 

The prototype falls well short of anything usable.  Thanks for providing a place to vent.

• Foooze
    312 Posts
    Fri, Nov 22 2019 9:17 PM

As an addendum

after I open the new "PC" <giggle> version it ran an update and whether deliberately or by accident, my web browser no longer had the Play button/friends list on your webpage. Don't know why it would do that, but I deleted all the cookies for the last 24 hours and it came back. Thought I'd mention it in case it were a bug. 

Gracias

RSS