Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 2:36 PM

For people who aren't network admins familiar with using nmap, netstat, wirewhark etc...  or particularly adept at drilling down into Windows. 

Download a small program called ProcessExplorer, it's safe and not going to cause any problems. 

It's very configurable and once you become familiar with what you're looking for and at, you will see a lot of what the game is using and doing while running. It can help with networking issue as the program will show you IP and Port info etc. 

So far this game is still very server-side dependent, there isn't a lot of local overhead (yet).

For those who uninstall the game looking to reinstall to workout issues, the game leaves a massive amount of keys in the registry that you have to remove manually, after uninstalling it (that's poor program management for sure), both under WGT and TopGolf as well don't forget to delete the hidden folders created. 

The game is still in dev mode so some of the issues are expected, some easier to take care of initially, but that's their call. ;) 

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 9:33 PM

ScottHope:
    I know it probably feels like I'm having a go at you Mantis, but I'm not because I like you.

No No No,  don't be silly.  No problem with you as you have a shite load of things on ya wall to hlep everybody else including me.

Just saying you guys are saying you change scripts here and there and don't say how to do it. That's the problem  lol

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2019 3:03 PM

When will  a copy of this forum be transfered over to the New HD game,  

Hope its on the updates

\-/

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2019 3:52 PM

daveparr:

Hope its on the updates

\-/

I hope it does, there is a wealth of Info in these forums

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2019 3:54 PM

dedBuNNy:

For people who aren't network admins familiar with using nmap, netstat, wirewhark etc...  or particularly adept at drilling down into Windows. 

Download a small program called ProcessExplorer, it's safe and not going to cause any problems. 

It's very configurable and once you become familiar with what you're looking for and at, you will see a lot of what the game is using and doing while running. It can help with networking issue as the program will show you IP and Port info etc. 

So far this game is still very server-side dependent, there isn't a lot of local overhead (yet).

For those who uninstall the game looking to reinstall to workout issues, the game leaves a massive amount of keys in the registry that you have to remove manually, after uninstalling it (that's poor program management for sure), both under WGT and TopGolf as well don't forget to delete the hidden folders created. 

The game is still in dev mode so some of the issues are expected, some easier to take care of initially, but that's their call. ;) 

Have you tried CC Cleaner to get those Registry Keys?

• dedBuNNy
    1,919 Posts
    Sat, Oct 19 2019 8:25 PM

DonCaron:

Have you tried CC Cleaner to get those Registry Keys?

CCleaner is not a bad program, I used to use it, I noticed it doesn't work as well on Win10 versions as it did under Win7.

It peeled out .dll's that weren't part of the actual program it was trying to remove once and that caused huge headaches. I don't use it now.

This game is using BAM services, those keys can only be deleted by changing permissions and using regedit for instance. Generally speaking those things are locked out for a reason. Using that as an example of something CCleaner won't remove. 

*Just to clarify, I'm not knocking the game, it's not finished so I wouldn't expect the uninstall util to clear everything or be complete yet.

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sun, Oct 20 2019 4:42 PM

Has the Mac version been released yet, as I would like to try it....:)

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Tue, Oct 22 2019 4:56 PM

patriciawilliams:

Has the Mac version been released yet, as I would like to try it....:)

You can run it with a program called WINE on your system if you are familiar with it

Nolan

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 1:11 AM

DonCaron:

daveparr:

Hope its on the updates

\-/

I hope it does, there is a wealth of Info in these forums

I am assuming that the forums and a few other things that don't actually require flash will remain on wgt.com. You seem to think that everything on wgt requires flash but it doesn't.  The forums themselves don't require flash, I believe they will find way for us to log into wgt,com without flash and that part of wgt will remain the same. 
    The forums not requiring flash is why I can edit this post using Safari browser built into my IPhone. So if the forums are accessible on a phone without flash they will find a way to make them accessible on a PC or Mac without flash.  
     The original post was made on my PC using GhostBrowser the edit was made with the Safari browser built into my Iphone. 

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Wed, Oct 23 2019 4:14 AM

I'm just curious to know, will they start fixing this now, or wait till closer to the flash cut off date.

RSS