Forums

Help › Forums

Re: WGT Early Access for PC

Sun, Nov 5 2023 12:56 PM (1,507 replies)
  • garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 8:09 PM

DonCaron:

garyk49:

Yes it was.  Still the question remains, why Bjorn can't.  I downloaded and installed behind Charters modem, my linksys router, and I have the window 7 firewall turned on.  Have never made any changes anywhere.  When I have checked from different sites,  the only thing seen is the Charter IP, not my routers IP nor any of the 4 computers IPs I have networked.

And I can't access Charters modem.

I got a feeling a lot of the problems are the anti virus 

We both have Avast installed.  Did not disable mine during the download or the install.

• nolan60
    176 Posts
    Mon, Oct 14 2019 8:47 PM

If any of you guys are interested i got the Launcher to load  on 2 of my Linux boxes and i played the game on both

Nolan

• Nicole161106
    281 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 2:13 AM

DonCaron:

garyk49:

Yes it was.  Still the question remains, why Bjorn can't.  I downloaded and installed behind Charters modem, my linksys router, and I have the window 7 firewall turned on.  Have never made any changes anywhere.  When I have checked from different sites,  the only thing seen is the Charter IP, not my routers IP nor any of the 4 computers IPs I have networked.

And I can't access Charters modem.

I got a feeling a lot of the problems are the anti virus 

The only anti virus i have is the windows defender/firewall thingy, i even tried turning it off, still didn't work, think i've tried just about every suggestion so far and it still won't load.

The mystery is, why is it working for some and not others? It doesn't seem to be browser, pc spec,  or anti virus specific, just a mystery.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 2:24 AM

Peoples problem downloading the game might have something to do with pc age, ie Graphic, sound cards,  l have a basic 8gb HP 6, month old Laptop the only Anti virus i have is the  windows Defender Firewall, runnning windows 10, Microsoft edge browser the new HD game works perfect on this laptop.

Dave \-/

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 3:03 AM

There is no view of the pin when the ball is in flight on a shot or when putting? This is a key feature missing from this version.

• DonCaron
    5,502 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 4:56 AM

daveparr:

Peoples problem downloading the game might have something to do with pc age, ie Graphic, sound cards,  l have a basic 8gb HP 6, month old Laptop the only Anti virus i have is the  windows Defender Firewall, runnning windows 10, Microsoft edge browser the new HD game works perfect on this laptop.

Dave \-/

I agree, there must be minimum specs for this game.

• SamSpayed
    4,895 Posts
    Tue, Oct 15 2019 9:45 AM

nolan60:
    If any of you guys are interested i got the Launcher to load on 2 of my Linux boxes and i played the game on both

Nolan, your procedure for doing this might be worth sharing as a new thread in the WGT Desktop Early Access Forum, if you are willing to do so.

• jack9593
    12 Posts
    Wed, Oct 16 2019 12:07 PM

I can not dowload the installer keep getting a 1909 message. telling me the folder cannot be found. This is not good. I don't know why we are going through this would it not be better to make your own flash player I mean you guys make a ton of money from us anyway what good is a game if we can't access it. Come on guys lets get things better not worse.

• daveparr
    1,175 Posts
    Thu, Oct 17 2019 4:04 AM

After playing now for a week the Positives  in my opinion The HD  version has Superior Graphics, and a constant smoother running  meter 

Dave \-/

• mrm6400
    1,790 Posts
    Fri, Oct 18 2019 5:58 AM

WGT Champion,

After playing the new version of the game I enjoy it very much but we still need a few things:

1. Need a restart button for all unlimited tourneys.  It is located under the course icon but it is not there for country club tourneys or WGT weekly tourney's.  Have seen it for a CTTH tourney so i know you have it you just need to add it to all unlimited game modes.

2.  With HD I prefer having the full screen with video options.  But by doing this the meter is much longer or wider in this case so the speed is way to fast.  You need to adjust the speed of the meter on the full screen hd video settings.  1980 x 1080.  Way too fast no matter which ball you use.  Especially with the accuracy ding the size of a human eyelash.  Yes we would also like you to make the accuracy ding larger so we can see it and have it be different from the other lines.  We understand you started designing it for a 5" phone screen but when playing on 23" PC monitor screen it needs some adjusting to make it fair.

3.  Need to add more ways to watch videos / ads for credits.  On the mobile phone version you can watch a few ads for credits under "Credit Reward Videos"  but it is not available on the new PC version yet.

4. Read where you are working on a more detailed lobby for PC version of game.  Please consider a Country Club Chat Lobby where we can talk about events and schedule a head to head match in chat.  I feel sure you will work it so we can start playing a head to head match in the new PC version of game such as "Match Play", ALT Shot or just Stroke play.  

5.  Another request no matter the format is the settings for the WGT weekly and monthly tourney's.  They are always Long tees and Heavy Wind.  Can we please have different  tees and wind conditions and or various green speeds.  I am sick of only long tees and heavy winds.  Would be more enjoyable to have different settings for WGT tourney's.

Thanks,

Michael

P.S. MOM SEND Golf Balls or Credits for Golf Balls. 

RSS