Help › Forums

Re: DivatDown has played through

rated by 0 users
Mon, Aug 22 2022 11:30 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • JDGHOST
    6,776 Posts
    Sun, Sep 29 2019 9:42 PM

I only knew him just a bit we discussed  the league as I inquired about it last year ...He wen't on to take the time to fully explain things to me and would welcome me in when things got less busy for me running TFC....which of course it never does...

Seemed a very nice guy ...Sorry for the loss to his family and all his WGT friends....JD

• Thurman15
    33 Posts
    Mon, Sep 30 2019 5:19 AM

Thank you, again, for your condolences. There is nothing sinister going on. We have been in constant contact with the family as the loss and remembrance proceeded, and one of the enjoyable functions has been playing games with them on WGT as everyone tries to get past the difficult moments. His wife was known to all of us and his son was an Administrator of the League. His sister had the eagle. WGT is many things to many people. In this case, it is a  way to hold on to great memories and strengthen even greater friendships 

• FireGuy1944
    25 Posts
    Fri, Aug 19 2022 5:39 PM

I met Dave online in 2003.  He was known as Dave The Shark at that time lol.  The hot golf game at the time was Golden Tee Golf for PC.  People from all over the world played it.  Dave is in the HOF there, he was a TD and was quite involved.  Everybody knew who he was and what an awesome dude he is.  He wife Lynn, Lady~stooge, was a member as well.  He will be missed by many who knew him and a void will be left for sure.  After Golden Tee Golf started to decline in numbers of folks playing, I lost touch with Dave.  I moved on to playing WGT and a few years in i got a message from a Divatdown lol.  He was recruiting for the Ocanada myleague for WGT.  RIP Dave,  you will not be forgotten.

• ShalomAloha
    853 Posts
    Mon, Aug 22 2022 11:30 PM

It’s very nice to have stumbled across this thread. A gentleman I met this last year invited me to the ladder, being a recent addition himself. I met Mr. Thurman there and many of the succession team if not all of them. I have been amazed at how warm, friendly and inviting this group is. I have had some pretty good experiences before meeting these folks but there is just an incredible amount of warmth and commitment to playing together. As I learn more about the founder, it’s more clear as to why this experience has been the way it has been. 

The gentleman that introduced me to the ladder, met a fella that’s not a young buck, that I had gone on to FB to just try and find people that had. I idea about the social aspect to this game. I helped the older gentleman to learn to use discord and the two of them have met and become an integral part of each other’s lives. There is more but that is their story. The thing thats so beautiful is to see the connections around that are always there if we look for them. I met a wonderful man from my city here and we have had lunch a couple of times and I consider him a true friend. His family knows people I know etc…anyway….I am so glad I am getting to enjoy the fruits of what Divatdown put into the universe and feeling the warmth and camaraderie of it all. 

• PAGES
RSS