Help › Forums

Re: Ranked Rounds

rated by 0 users
Tue, Nov 14 2023 2:27 PM (11 replies)
  • PAGES
  • squigs7
    1 Posts
    Wed, Sep 25 2019 9:31 PM
    Why can’t I seem to get into a ranked rounds? I play the unlimited tournament to gain experience to try to level up. It says only 20 ranked rounds. What is considered a ranked round?
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 12:04 PM

squigs7:
    Why can’t I seem to get into a ranked rounds? I play the unlimited tournament to gain experience to try to level up. It says only 20 ranked rounds. What is considered a ranked round?

Ranked rounds do not include Par 5 courses, Par 3 courses, or custom courses.  Others played in ranked stroke mode count.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 12:18 PM

squigs7:

A ranked round is a stroke play round that shows up in your score history. That means you finished the round and posted a score. Practice rounds are not ranked, don't show up in your history and don't count for average. You do get XPs for them.

Count your scores in your history  and you see your 21 ranked rounds, all that you've played so far. That's also where your average comes from except where DL pointed out above.

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 1:21 PM

DoctorLarry:
    Ranked rounds do not include Par 5 courses, Par 3 courses, or custom courses. 
    Nitpicking:

These ARE ranked rounds, shown in the history and counting in the stats. Nevertheless, they don't count towards the average and tiering up.

• grossstadtkerl
    267 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 1:49 PM

squigs7:
    I play the unlimited tournament to gain experience to try to level up. It says only 20 ranked rounds.

Yes, 20 ranked rounds as pro and an average 72 or lower to level up to tour pro.

Actually your average is too high.

• JDGHOST
    6,748 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 8:14 PM

DoctorLarry:

squigs7:

Ranked rounds do not include Par 5 courses, Par 3 courses, or custom courses.  Others played in ranked stroke mode count.

Larry I could be wrong BUT....WGT "Best of' Famous.Hardest and par 4's DO count as a ranked round as each one of those will in fact cause your average to flux....I think only the best of 5's and 3's Don't count as a ranked round??

JD

• alosso
    21,028 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 8:44 PM

JDGHOST:
    I think only the best of 5's and 3's Don't count as a ranked round??
    That is what Larry wrote.

But, as I wrote: They count as ranked rounds and in the general stats, but, together with CC Custom Courses, they don't count towards the average.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 9:13 PM

Keep in mind that having 2 or more accounts is against the rules, I wouldn't use  the other one "if" I had one, especially if it was obvious....

a lot of ppl. started off with an account and forgot the password, or something like that...BUT they didn't play ranked rounds on them ....

• DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 10:35 PM

JDGHOST:

DoctorLarry:

squigs7:

Larry I could be wrong BUT....WGT "Best of' Famous.Hardest and par 4's DO count as a ranked round as each one of those will in fact cause your average to flux....I think only the best of 5's and 3's Don't count as a ranked round??

JD

LOL - as alosso and you noted, I was wrong - thinking of average and not "ranked".

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Fri, Sep 27 2019 8:25 AM

fatdan:

Keep in mind that having 2 or more accounts is against the rules, I wouldn't use  the other one "if" I had one, especially if it was obvious....

a lot of ppl. started off with an account and forgot the password, or something like that...BUT they didn't play ranked rounds on them ....

Especially when one is gifting some items that the other one happens to be using. ;-)

• PAGES
RSS