Help › Forums

Re: See green speed before you tee off

Sun, Nov 13 2022 12:06 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • AlaskanDame
    18,956 Posts
    Thu, Sep 26 2019 11:21 PM

DavStan:

the green speed is always set to the highest tier player that is playing, do you not know what tier level of the player is when you play on mobile? 

Not true.  I help my club during turf wars.  I’m a champion and have had green speeds anywhere from slow to tourney12 in mobile coin rooms.  And tier of opponent hasn’t mattered either.  Slow has been agst  TL’s as often as agst TP’s and TM’s.  Same with tourney12.

• DavStan
    255 Posts
    Sat, Sep 28 2019 2:33 PM

I apologize for giving wrong information, I knew mobile was a little different than pc from what I've read but wow, its a whole different game I suppose 

• Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Tue, Jun 30 2020 1:31 PM

Noordwesth:

He he he ...

I actually found a little tip a while back when playing a round in a coin room.

If you are playing against an opponent on mobile wgt version, there is a way to see the green speed before you approach the green, IF:

Your opponent approaches the green before you.

When your opponent makes his/hers approach shot, (right after the swing has been done) quickly go into your profile, then back out. The green speed should now be visible on your screen.

Profit.

Noordwesth

your tip worked until today , but now instead of implementing the green speed from the first tee or at least keep this tip , there was a maintenance and the tip is gone.

some bugs take ages to fix , but this useful tip seems to be gone without a substitute function

a real pity

• Grish72
    333 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 2:08 AM

still available by clicking "hole info" and back out again. works for me ;)

• Fanling2002
    1,149 Posts
    Wed, Jul 1 2020 2:56 AM

Grish72:

still available by clicking "hole info" and back out again. works for me ;)

thanks

• LibTuhrdsSuk
    55 Posts
    Sat, Aug 28 2021 6:18 AM

HAHAHAHAHAHA, obviously you've NEVER played a real golf course.  The practice green are designed, cut, and maintained to be as close to the actual green as possible.  Not only that, but if you've played the course before, the greens are traditionally going to be slow, med or fast.  wgt is a joke not knowing is pure bull.  Just as bad as not being able to us sidespin for a draw or fade.

• Squatch031
    172 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2022 2:52 PM

Totally agree. I now refuse to play 12.0 speed greens as it is absolutely ridiculous. My only option is to forfeit a match one in. 

• PureGro1
    1,655 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2022 10:27 AM

Squatch031:

Totally agree. I now refuse to play 12.0 speed greens as it is absolutely ridiculous. My only option is to forfeit a match one in. 

There is also the option of learning to play them, FWIW- its easier to learn on t12s or c13 greens and then putt the slower speeds. 

If you plant to get better at the game, you will be putting on these speeds anyway.

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sun, Nov 13 2022 12:06 PM

We know the green speeds prior to the start of every tournament, so it's not a stretch to ask to see them before every H2H match...  but I kind of like it the way it is.

• PAGES
RSS